Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#0Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/5/06 at 11:06pm

Tonight, half way through the first scene, there was a scratching or tapping coming from one of the speakers that was hanging on the rail of the balcony. After about 5 minutes of this noise, Matthew Broderick breaks character and says, "Is someone typing out there?" The crowd went nuts, and for about five minutes Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick just talked back and forth about the tapping sound (until it was fixed), and it ended like this:

Nathan: We haven't done this since Producers.
Matt: So should we start again?
Nathan: Well I would have just stayed in the play
Matt (gives his line): "I can't believe I'm getting a divorce."
Nathan: Come on you can see it again with more conviction.
Matt: Well then where do you wanna start from?
Nathan: I don't know, well alright...

Then they finished the show without a hitch. It was truly an amazing experience to see those two actors break character, and have a solid rant for 5 minutes onstage. The miracle of live theatre!

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#1re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/5/06 at 11:07pm

i honestly forgot that show was still playing.... lol

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Yankeefan007
#2re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/5/06 at 11:14pm

Neil Simon would have a fit.

neddyfrank2
#3re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/5/06 at 11:16pm

"i honestly forgot that show was still playing.... lol"

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read this!

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#4re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/5/06 at 11:45pm

Eh, sounds like it would have at least made the show more amusing than it was when I saw it (or at least shown a little more life from Matthew Broderick; I found him to be quite the snoozefest)!

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#5re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/6/06 at 12:00am

aw- I love when that happens! Nathan forgot his line at a point when I saw the show, and it was priceless.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#6re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/6/06 at 12:41am

I passed the theatre today and forgot it was still around. I guess all the hype died when it got poor reviews.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Sings_in_the_Rain Profile Photo
Sings_in_the_Rain
#7re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/6/06 at 12:47am

I love it! My college offers acting classes, and anyone is allowed to attend the acting finals. One of the pairs of students did a scene from The Odd Couple and I was reminded of how much I liked Matthew and Nathan together.

brdlwyr
#8re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/6/06 at 12:53am

I thought it had closed, is this a joke?

EDIT - June 4 closing! Updated On: 5/6/06 at 12:53 AM

RentBoy86
#9re: Odd Couple Mis-Hap TONIGHT
Posted: 5/6/06 at 1:00am

Yeah, I'm still surprised it's selling so well.

Videos