News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??

Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??

CattleCall Profile Photo
CattleCall
#0Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 12:39am

What the hell are they doing?? People oohing and awing in front of a blank background and giggling to themselves over the "best loved musical" The Color Purple??

Just very, very odd...

"I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet. The world is a big scary place." - Avenue Q

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#1re: Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:08am

Are you talking about the one that has gloria steinum talking about Hell No? Its odd, I agree. Marketing for this show is so off. I've seen at least two or three of TCP commercials and they all involve audience members(so corny).

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

tophertilson Profile Photo
tophertilson
#2re: Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 10:57am

There is a whole series of these commericals. Talking heads in front of a neutral background speaking over music which doesn't even sound like anything from the show.

I suspect it's an attempt to sell a piece of musical theatre to people who don't particularly like musical theatre. Say what you will about these commercials, they remove the "corn" factor from the equation.

TT

"Me flunk English? That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 11:28am

I have only seen the one on the website that uses the song "I'm Here" from the show. I actually like the commercial. I like it better than those commercials they do with people just leaving the theatre and commenting on the shows. JMO

Just give the world Love.

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#4re: Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 12:10pm

I saw, are they actors, or did these people really see the same show I saw? (Which I liked, but not to the point they all did)

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#5re: Has Anyone Seen the New Color Purple Commercial??
Posted: 5/18/06 at 12:47pm

I am just glad the show is doing well. It has its flaws but is a good show. I hope it does well at the Tonys.

Just give the world Love.

Videos