pixeltracker

I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore- Page 3

I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore

jimmycurry01
#50re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/30/06 at 2:29pm

I don't know that i would have walked out before intermission, that seems a bit rude to other patrons to me, but if you woulk out durring intermission, more power to you. I know that if I found a show to be that bad or boring I would leave at intermission, I have more self respect than to punish myself by sitting through something I can't stand. I do have to say though that interrupting the show because i don't like it is uncalled for. As for wating the ticket money by walking out, $100 isn't that much money to everyone, and some people aren't bothered by throwing it away, or even look at seeing a show as gambling, They have $200 to lose they go see a show if they don't like it and leave at intermission then they are down that $200, if they like it and sit through the whole thing, then they win, they got entertained for their money. I myself have never walked out, but i understand if someone does, as long as it is at the appropriate time.

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#51re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/30/06 at 2:59pm

If you're sitting on an aisle and you walk out quietly and quickly (or walk out between scenes), you won't really disturb anyone. If you're sitting in the middle of a row, you really should wait till intermission.

AutographHound
#52re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 5:33pm

I saw the show last night & thought it was a fantastic. While it is definitely not for the squeamish the bedlam and hilarious calamities of the second act makes it one of the funniest shows I've seen on Broadway in the last five years. Some may find the first act a bit slow but it is laying the groundwork for the second act. If this show lasts thru the summer and younger more open minded audiences take it in it'll become a cult classic. If the Marx Brothers were alive today the anarchy of this show would be right up their alley.

wexy
#53re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 7:56pm

I blew off the afternoon and saw the matinee. I think it was brilliant in its absurdity and the older crowd got it as well.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 8:19pm

I describe this show as The Quiet Man meets Quenton Tarentino

Poster Emeritus

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#55re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 9:13pm

And anything that has the name Tarantino even associated with it, I love (except for my old basketball coach. I hated that guy). I love how a lot of people are seeing this show and loving it (or hating it, like the guy/girl who started this thread).

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#56re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 10:07pm

One of the most interesting parts is after the show is over. Not many shows you can say that about

Poster Emeritus

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#57re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 5/31/06 at 10:18pm

You mean when the stage hands come on stage? Yeah, that's schanenfreude (sp?) for you.

AlexandraDecker
#58re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 6/7/06 at 10:25pm

You know, I saw Inishmore last weekend and LOVED it! But I can most definately understand why some may not like it. It's what some people call "irish humor" or "dark humor" (irish playwrights are famous for it) and alot of people just don't get it. But then again alot of us (me included) just don't get why everyone loves Andrew Lloyd Webber so damn much. There were moments in the show where I was incredibly bored, or thought some of it was uneccessary. The first act was nothing compared to the second act. I really believe that if you're going to critcize the show you should stay for the whole thing so you really know what you're talking about. Some things may not even make sense until the second act, then they may be brilliant.

Any ways, so yes. I can understand exactly why some wouldn't like this show. I went in skeptical, but I came out laughing so hard I cried! The ending was brilliant! It's just humor really only meant for some people!

#59re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 6/7/06 at 10:45pm

I waited until intermission to leave The Wedding Singer even though I knew I would be leaving about 30 minutes into the show. I don't like to disrupt other people. There were two people sitting at the end of my row who were making notes about how to cut 17 minutes out of the show and I was tempted to tell them but they beat me up the aisle. I don't regret leaving the show. I do, however, regret leaving the original production of Greenwillow at intermission. I was in the military at that time and had to catch a plane to my next assignment and seeing one act of a show was better than nothing. In neither case did I worry about the money angle. If I had to I would gladly have paid another $110 to avoid seeing more of The Wedding Singer re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#60re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 6/8/06 at 2:50am

So Wedding Singer was that bad? I am debating seeing it. Maybe I shouldn't.

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#61re: I walked out of Lieutenant of Inishmore *SPOILER*
Posted: 6/8/06 at 3:15am

I loved it. Don't go into it expecting to be moved or anything...it's just a lot of fun.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

Videos