Weirdest comment by an actor?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#0Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:00pm

What is the weirdest comment a Broadway Actor said to you outside of a show?

I'll go first...Alan Cumming asked me if I was High.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Dollypop
#1re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:05pm

Were you?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#2re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:07pm

No haha...I was on a high from meeting and sitting down with Alan Cumming but that is all. We were talking about Reefer Madness so he produced many high jokes that conversation :)

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Dollypop
#3re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:11pm

That's good. haha!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#4re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:12pm

During an interview for Jeepers Creepers, the great Eileen Brennan had this to say about cats:

"Cats are really something to watch. They're very comforting, like a big potato."

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#5re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 6:52pm

I don't know how weird this is, but Cyndi Lauper talked to me and my friends about her shoes and where she got them and she went on and on about where she used to get her shoes and she was like "Ask Jimmy" about where she got her shoes. Jimmy who? Jim Dale? Why would we ask Jim Dale where Cyndi Lauper got her shoes?!

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

lifeisacabaret
#6re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 7:01pm

I'd hazzard a guess that she meant Jimmy Choo.

Sheila Ferguson, first day of Thoroughly Modern Mille rehearsals in London- stands up at the end of the introductions, and says "alright then, which one of you fag*g*ts is gonna f**k me up the a*s?". No joke.

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#7re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 7:22pm

haha That's a great one!!

- About Cyndi: we thought it might be Jimmy Choo, but how are we asking him?? lol

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

lifeisacabaret
#8re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 7:25pm

I assume Cyndi assumes everyone knows him!

Also on the subject of Sheila Ferguson- the most hideously, vilely arrogant program bios ever, and I quote (from the 'Man Behind the Iron Mask' program- it shuttered VERY quickly) "Sheila's cookbooks have been acclaimed as a work of genius". The woman has NO shame and clearly NO sense of reality.

SweetQintheLights
#9re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 8:16pm

Not really on topic but- At RENT, someone told the person playing Maureen (I don't remember who was playing her) that she had a great butt.

She looked sort of embarressed and then kind of laughed.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

SweetQintheLights
#10re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 8:18pm

Also, someone was freaking out about Barrett at Avenue Q and Barrett said to them "Stop freaking out. We are both human. We both came from the same place"- refering to mothers uterus.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

ThankstoPhantom
#11re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 9:01pm

Daniel Marcus informed me after I saw him play Fosco (it was his second performance, first day) in WIW that Maria Friedman was far too encouraging. He went on to do an impersonation of what she had said to him backstage that night to everyone at the stage door (she wasn't outside yet).

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 6/24/06 at 09:01 PM

ThankstoPhantom
#12re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 9:48pm

bump

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#13re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 9:51pm

maria's so sweet
and daniel is so nice

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ThankstoPhantom
#14re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 9:59pm

^ I totally agree...it was all in good fun, 'cuz Daniel makes fun of anybody!

Maria had to be one of the nicest people I'd ever met.

thevolleyballer
#15re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:10pm

Didn't Joaquin Phoenix say something about a frog on his head at the premiere of Walk the Line?

Also, when I was backstage with Jennifer Thompson at Wicked, she was giving me a tour when Christopher Fitzgerald passed by, to which the two of them gave a passing high five and JLT said, in jest, "Keep it real, boo!" So, so funny.

kate2
#16re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:12pm

At the stagedoor for DRS, when Norbert came out, this girl was jumping up and down, her face was BRIGHT red, and she was screaming "OMG I LOVE YOU!!" (and things of that nature). Norbert looks at her and goes "Whoaa! Don't pull a muscle!"

kate2
#17re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

double post! Updated On: 6/24/06 at 10:12 PM

kate2
#18re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

aaaand triple post! sorry! Updated On: 6/24/06 at 10:12 PM

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#19re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:22pm

Okay, Norbert's made me laugh out loud.

I haven't had weird comments, just ones that were really adorable. Like Daniel Torres(Altar Boyz, WIW) was about to take a picture with me, and we were standing under a light at the now New World Stages and went, "OH MY GOD BAD LIGHTING. MOVE WITH ME." and proceeded to drag me to another of the lobby. It was absolutely adorable.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#20re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:38pm

"You're really pretty. Are you single?"
-Idina Menzel.

I think leaving out the rest of it makes that comment more funny. :P I DID wonder for a second where she was going with that, though, lol.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#21re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:43pm

Well Cyndi Lapuer was drunk and this convo happened with the lady next to me.

Lady: I swear I wear my gay rights brcaelet every day I just forgot today. (she said more I just forgot)
Cyndi:Well things are going to change soon.
***The woman just stared at her like WTF????***

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#22re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:43pm

Was that at the same concert she pulled you onstage because you looked like you could be her sister?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#23re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:44pm

Uh...She did THAT? re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Updated On: 6/24/06 at 10:44 PM

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#24re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:48pm

I got "Your hair color matches my cat"...not by an actor, but by someone at the stagedoor.

Videos