News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Phantom logo

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#0Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:17am

Does anyone know why the red rose was removed from the Phantom logo. It is no longer printed. I nly see it on the original poster and soundtrack. Everywhere else they leave it off. Why would they do this? Did they think it was adding too much? That's strange.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#1re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:19am

I don't ever remember a RED nose being on the logo...I have a playbill from opening night on broadway and there's no red nose...on my cd there's no red nose...

are you talking about THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA or PHANTOM? Maybe that's why I'm confused, but since you're so set on the appropriate full-length titles of shows, I would think you'd have caught yourself.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bronxboundexpress
#2re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:41am

*sigh Phantom is short for THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. hold on let me check

munkustrap178
#3re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:42am

never had a red nose...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bronxboundexpress
#4re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:42am

Yeah, the soundtrack definitely has the red rose on it. It adds so much more and I can't figure out why they would remove it. SH*T.

munkustrap178
#5re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:44am

Hahahahaha I misread your thing and thought it said NOSE. Hahahah, I was going to say, wow, this girl is confusing her shows. Sorry about that. They might not have ever used the rose for broadway. Since they never recorded OBC, the cd's from london so maybe it's the london logo. That's all I can think of.

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#6re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:57am

"Yeah, the soundtrack definitely has the red rose on it. "

The soundtrack hasn't been released yet.

B.B. Wolf
#7re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:00am

Not the film soundtrack, musetta. Bronx is talking about the show.
A friend had a shirt from the original B'Way production and there was a red rose on that, too. I have no idea why it's on some things and not others.

Word. Word, indeed.

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#8re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:04am

"Not the film soundtrack, musetta. Bronx is talking about the show."

...and using the wrong terminology.

munkustrap178
#9re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:07am

OOOOOH! Bronx was the one that just yelled at someone for saying TOMMY, not THE WHO'S TOMMY. Nice one, guys.

B.B. Wolf
#10re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:10am

oy. re: Phantom logo

Word. Word, indeed.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#11re: Phantom logo
Posted: 11/12/04 at 5:19am

i lost alot of sleep over this over the last couple of years.

Videos