pixeltracker

NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?

NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?

WheelsofaDream Profile Photo
WheelsofaDream
#0NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/8/06 at 11:04pm

Received a very generous birthday gift from a large group of friends yesterday. They got me a gold membership to the New York Musical Theatre Festival, which includes 4 free tickets to anything I want. Excitement.

Anyway, the website also says that my membership level includes access to opening and closing festival parties, in addition to other events throughout the festival at New World. Has anyone been to these events? What are they like? I didn't find much information from Google.

Thanks.

FeelingElectric
#1re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 6:55am

Congratulations, you have very nice friends to do that for you. I am a gold member of the NYMF as well, and was wondering the same thing.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

ZONEACE
#2re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 6:59am

anyone know anything about the membership cards that are mentioned int he membership descriptions? It says you need them to get into the extra things that go with the membership?

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

FeelingElectric
#3re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:31am

I just got my card in the mail on Friday, with a letter about how to book the complimentary tickets (Which I did before receiving the letter). It has the logo on the front, and on the back it lists your member level (Silver, Gold, Platnium) and a authorization signature by someone there. If you haven't received one yet, I would probably contact them soon.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

ZONEACE
#4re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:34am

when did you order your membership? I ordered mine at the end of July (like the 25th or 26th).

FeelingElectric
#5re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:47am

Oh, then you might be waiting a little while yet. I bought my membership at the end of June. Still, I dont think it will take too much longer.

ZONEACE
#6re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 7:50am

Yeah, I've written a number of emails enquiring about the cards, to which i have not recieved any response, and I also called NYMF and asked, and the person who would know wasn't available and I was told that they would be emailing me, and they never did. So it's a little frustrating. especially now with my work schedule where i essentially am sleeping 9-5

ETA sorry about the thread jack.

Updated On: 8/9/06 at 07:50 AM

FeelingElectric
#7re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 8:00am

I feel your pain. I had no idea that they would only be selling advance tickets to platnium members (They did not reveal that fact until this month). Concidering I decided to see 12 shows at the NYMF this year, that would have been good to know before I bought my gold membership in June. I only hope I can get the other 8 tickets I want when they go on sale to the public in September.

I am sorry for my thread jack as well.

WheelsofaDream Profile Photo
WheelsofaDream
#8re: NYMF Parties - What Are They Like?
Posted: 8/9/06 at 2:03pm

For anyone asking questions, I recommend calling them. They were very nice on the phone today when I called with a bunch of questions.

Videos