Pajama Game Lyrics

Hoof
#0Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 10:12am

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, lyrics to Hey There Reprise/If You Win You Lose? There is just some words that I can't make out.

Thanks lovies.

Hoof
#1re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:12pm

bumpity, bump, bump.

JustABroadwaybaby2
#2re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:32pm

I would really like to know too! This is a pivotal point in the show, very sweet song.
here is what I could make out:
Hey there, you with the stars in your eyes...
love never made a fool of you. you used to be too wise...
Hey there, you on that high flyin' cloud. Though you've been acting cold to him, you know your heat is sold to him.
Watch those hands, old girl, mustn't let them try to caress you, watch those lips, old girl, if they get too close, they distress you.
watch those sweet words he softly dishes. When you're standing next to him, they sound delicious.
Watch those eyes old girl, they have got you down to a science. If he tries, old girl, stand your ground and show your deifance.
What to do? Where to turn? Hwo to choose?
Watch your heart, old girl. If you win, you lose.
Better forget her,
Forget him.
Just take it all in your stride
Her with her nose in the air
don't let him make ya fall apart
a puppet on a string.
you always had such pride
she won't care for me
what to do
what to do
where to turn
where to turn
how to choose?
Or am I not seeing things too clear
Watch those hands, old girl.
Am I too much in love to hear?
IS it all going in one ear
if you win you lose
the other

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

bwayondabrain
#3re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:33pm

wow, its really nice to have a PAJAMA GAME topic
i love that song, as well as all the other songs!!!
...i miss this show

:P

JustABroadwaybaby2
#4re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:34pm

So do i!
waah.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Hoof
#5re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:04pm

Thank you so so much. It was the "they sound so delicious" part that I couldn't make out. It looks like you got the whole thing :)

I was surprised too when I was searching for threads and there weren't really any.

Anyways, gotta love the show!

JustABroadwaybaby2
#6re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/11/06 at 5:42pm

Yay!
Hoof, you rock!
I love all the songs, too, except for "Her Is."
Is it still gonna tour?
Did you just need it becuase it bugged you?
It could be cut into an audition piece, of course, but it would make no sense.
Happy listening!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#7re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/06 at 11:36am

Well, Me Myself and I is nothing special either. Pleasant but meh. Does allow the leads some rest time before their next number.

JustABroadwaybaby2
#8re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/06 at 11:45am

Yeah, he's sorta dancing around singing about himself.
Well, that's what quite a few showtunes are like.
The World Around Us is nice, if not repetitive...

Hoof
#9re: Pajama Game Lyrics
Posted: 8/12/06 at 7:50pm

I just needed it because it bugged me, basically. I was thinking of working on it for fun during my lessons. Not to perform, but for technique and all that jazz. Although, I still think it would work as a solo if you cut it down.

But yup, I feel much better knowing the words now. One less mystery in my life.

Videos