pixeltracker

Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#0Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:30pm

I haven't posted on broadwayworld.com in a long time, strictly because these days I'm spending all of my time on a wonderful website and at an awesome show called Altar Boyz. If you haven't seen it, run, do not walk to the basement of West 50th st. The exact address is 340 W 50th St. There are several shows playing at Dodgers, but in my opinion, the best one there is Altar Boyz.

For those of you who don't know, it's a spoof of a 90's boy band but with a B-I-B-L-E theme to it. Now I know, some may not enjoy the "religion aspect" of it. But trust me, I have not laughed like I do each and every time I see this show. It truly amazes me.

Of course, there are characters of the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan, and Abraham (He's Jewish). There have been some major cast changes just recently, and just last night was Andrew Calls last time playing Luke. For those of you who missed it, let me tell you it was absolutely the most fun I've had. The show starts and of course those of us "Altarholics" are going wild.
The show had so much energy. It's time for Andrew's (Luke's) song, where this man is ALL of the stage and at one point comes off the stage and into the audience. I was literally dancing in my seat, and ready to stand up and dance. Of course once done he receives a standing ovation, which is beyond what he deserves. There's this one song, I don't want to give to much away because I want you all to run out and see the show, but it's called I believe, I usually drop a tear or two, but last night I was sobbing when I looked over to see Andrew sobbing as well.

This man gives 150% each and every time I've seen him, and is going into the cast of High Fidelity. I spoke with him afterwards, and of course he remembered me. I cannot say enough about him. I wish him much luck and success in the future. I will be a follower of his!

On a serious note, she show is absolutely amazing, and the current cast is wonderful! You will not be disappointed. Who knows, you might just want to join the "Altarholics" after seeing the show. It is truly an addicting show and deserves a long run, perhaps a move to Broadway!

Peace out!

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

neddyfrank2
#1re: Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:32pm

I don't follow the show, is he an original cast memeber?

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#2re: Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:35pm

He is not an original, but has been with the show for a long time, and has just frankly left quite an impression on me.

**Note....this is him with me in the picture! re: Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#3re: Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:52pm

Thanks for the review! I was big into this show last summer, and I can relate to everything you've said, especially the emotions during "I Believe".

I had the pleasure of seeing Andrew in the role of Luke a few times and he was wonderful. In my opinion, he's the only replacement who was reminiscent of Andy Karl, and I think that says a lot because Andy was a big act to follow.

Your photo is great, and I love Andrew's shirt!

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Videos