News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ilive4nyc

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Member Name: Ilive4nyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Altar Boyz 1/9/07
 Jan 11 2007, 01:56:45 AM
I haven't been on the boards here in a while simply for the fact that I am IN LOVE with this show in the basement on W 50th St...It’s Altar Boyz. Just a brief synopsis of the show, there’s 5 guys that are Catholic; one of them is a Jew. They are at the final night of their "Raise the Praise" tour trying to save lost souls. Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan, and Abraham are the characters.

So, let me just put it out there that I have seen this show I am guessing now 40+ times, either in NYC or t

re: Laura Benanti on Medical Leave, Tina Maddigan to fill in.
 Aug 15 2006, 12:57:50 AM
I hate to bash any performer, because it is a tough job....BUT seriously, what is the deal with her? I agree w/what's been posted above. She gets cast, a month or so into the run she's out on medical leave. I don't know how she doesn't have a bad wrap with the directors.
re: Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
 Aug 11 2006, 02:35:49 PM
He is not an original, but has been with the show for a long time, and has just frankly left quite an impression on me.

**Note....this is him with me in the picture!

Andrew Call's final perfomance of Altar Boyz
 Aug 11 2006, 02:30:16 PM
I haven't posted on broadwayworld.com in a long time, strictly because these days I'm spending all of my time on a wonderful website and at an awesome show called Altar Boyz. If you haven't seen it, run, do not walk to the basement of West 50th st. The exact address is 340 W 50th St. There are several shows playing at Dodgers, but in my opinion, the best one there is Altar Boyz.

For those of you who don't know, it's a spoof of a 90's boy band but with a B-I-B-L-E theme to it. Now I kn

Tony Award Tickets
 Apr 17 2006, 09:49:59 PM
When do they go on sale? I realize I might be a tad early, or a tad late but I'm curious.

Thanks

Show Ideas for May 13 PM
 Apr 13 2006, 09:21:39 PM
I am a Broadway veteran who due to unfortunate circumstances have been completely out of the Broadway loop for about the last year. I am trying to get myself back into it, but as you can imagine it doesn’t happen over night. My question is, I saw Altar Boyz when it was in previews and absolutely loved it. I have tickets for my fiancé and I May 13 @ 2pm. My question is, he has only ever seen Les Miz (and it was the tour). We of course are planning and saving for our wedding in November so I am tr
re: ALTAR BOYZ
 Feb 26 2005, 06:15:28 PM
That video is too funny. They were mocking, but are so good they are believable. I love it!! Can't wait for the CD, which you can pre-order at the theater. They'll send it out in April they said.
re: ALTAR BOYZ
 Feb 25 2005, 07:30:08 PM
I'm a little late in seeing this show, we lost the lottery for DRS last night so we headed to TKTS and got tickets to Altar Boyz. I'm in love! I haven't laughed that hard at the theater in a while. Tyler is the star of the show, love his voice, his dancing, his eye gestures. BUT Luke is my favorite. Pre-ordered a CD and bought a poster. I would like to see it move to Broadway, but it needs to be a small theater. Go see it! I'm going back lots and lots!
re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
 Feb 25 2005, 07:16:50 PM
hmmm....this makes me very, very, very excited!
I wonder if he'll come to Hershey PA...LOL

re: Avenue Q
 Feb 20 2005, 06:29:04 PM
Hi there, sorry if this has been discussed already, but can someone tell me how the lottery has been since John left? Also how would the lottery be on a Thursday night?

Thanks for any help!

re: New Nav Bar/Bookmark Feature...
 Jan 30 2005, 10:16:13 AM
Silly question, what is the best setting cookies to be set at?
(low,med,high)

re: Bad Karma Maybe?
 Oct 14 2004, 03:46:44 PM
I usually bite my tongue and don't respond to posts like this, but how about using spell check before you hit post! PLEASE!
re: Yes, Another BROOKYN Review - 10/9
 Oct 11 2004, 03:39:13 PM
I don't do stage doors! (except when Hugh Jackman is inside!)
Hope you had fun though!

Oct 11 2004, 12:39:53 PM
I guess for me reading the history about how the show came to be, you know with the director and the producers. Then like I said I think the first 15 minutes need reworking, after that I really enjoyed it. It's a fairytail, remember that. All of the cast members are amazing, and I honestly don't think paradice steals the show. Eden's Once Upon A Time got a better applause than any of Paradice's songs. To each his own though.
 Oct 11 2004, 09:53:22 AM
No, Karen didn't come out and change the clock.
The Streetsinger changed it.

I was in row P on the left, there wasn't a big group around me at least not that I saw. However there was an obnoxious family behind me that before the show were so loud, but during the show were quiet as church mice.

Oh yeah, this isn't about Brooklyn. We won the lottery for Rent earlier in the day. I think I've seen that show enough for the rest of my life. All the young girls screaming everyti

Oct 11 2004, 09:28:38 AM
I too saw the show Saturday night and have to say the first 15 minutes I thought I had made a mistake but left theater completely blown away. In fact I was the second person on my feet at the end. Several songs left me with goose bumps, Once Upon a time and Streetsinger left me in tears. The cast is amazing, every one of them. After reading the background of how the show came to be I completely understand the plastic bags and think they really work well. I'm going back for a second visit for sur
re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
 Oct 8 2004, 08:26:52 AM
I'll be seeing it 10/9, evening show and am excited.
Will post my thoughts monday morning.

re: Brooklyn Is It a Paradise or Paradice?
 Oct 5 2004, 08:47:29 AM
I am now really worried, I'm seeing this Saturday night and had high hopes but haven't read to much positive about it. Did I make a mistake?
re: Man, I love TDF !!!
 Sep 20 2004, 06:09:33 PM
I wish I qualified!
re: Hunter Foster's Wife?
 Sep 17 2004, 08:25:20 AM
Is Jen working now?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You