Embarrassing Theatre Moment

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#0Embarrassing Theatre Moment
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:34pm

This could be something you've done on stage or in the audience of a show...because I just have to tell this story. I can't hold it in.

This past fall I won lottery at DRS, and this was very soon after the lotto policy became box seats...so I was in the stage right box seat. I put my playbill on the ledge, and what do you know, my playbill falls off. That was slightly embarrassing. What was really embarrassing was the fact that it landed on top of a man's head like a tent. So I came down the stairs and apologized to this man who was very well-dressed and very red in the face. After several apologies I went back up the stairs and laughed for several minutes, because I have trouble holding back laughter.

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

EmieMarie Profile Photo
EmieMarie
#1re: Embarrassing Theatre Moment
Posted: 8/17/06 at 7:43pm

I went to see "Angry Housewives" THe musical with my parents in seattle when I was 13, I was the ONLY kid there and My parents decided to sit in the front row since it was open seating. THe musical if you don't know, is about these middle aged ladies who comepete in a punk rock competition. Well, THere's a punk rock song that goes "Eat your F**king cornflakes!" In the show. And since I'm right there, THe singer decides to direct the song AT ME! Funbny yet embaressing. Bet my parents are glad they took me now... haha to think they almost broght my 8 year old bro

Fear no more the heat o' the sun, Nor the furious winter's rages; Thou thy worldly task hast done, Home art gone and ta'en thy wages: Golden lads and girls all must, As chimney-sweepers, come to dust. ~Cymbeline

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#2re: Embarrassing Theatre Moment
Posted: 8/17/06 at 8:03pm

There's already a thread for this...