pixeltracker

Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes

Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes

Fabrizio2
#0Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes
Posted: 8/17/06 at 10:27pm

It's avalible...I would buy it...words cannot describe the beauty of this music.

I'm seeing it the night after opening...November 3rd...so I'm excited!

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#1re: Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes
Posted: 8/17/06 at 11:58pm

Just bought it today and I'm in the middle of listening to it. So far so good!

Anyone have a link to a synopsis?

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#2re: Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes
Posted: 8/17/06 at 11:59pm

Just bought it today and I'm in the middle of listening to it. So far so good!

Anyone have a link to a synopsis?

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes
Posted: 8/18/06 at 11:00am

Though the musical only touches on the Big Edie and Little Edie we all know from the documentary in Act 2, I fully suggest watching the documentary (which the musical is based on) before anything, really. It'll make you appreciate the musical so much more, especially Christine and Mary Louise's performances.

Act 1 gives you the history for what is to become Act 2.

"Grey Gardens concerns both the deliciously eccentric aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, who were once among the brightest names in the pre-Camelot social register, but became East Hampton's most notorious recluses, living in a dilapidated 28-room mansion. Set in two eras — in 1941 (Act 1) when the estate was in its prime and in 1973 (Act 2) when it was reduced to squalor — the musical tells the alternatively hilarious and heartbreaking story of two indomitable individuals, Edith Bouvier Beale and her adult daughter 'Little' Edie."

Critics celebrated leading lady Christine Ebersole for her turn as Edith Beale in the 1940s-set first act, and Little Edie (her middle-aged daughter) in the 1970s-set second act.

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#4re: Grey Gardens Cast Recording now on iTunes
Posted: 8/18/06 at 3:41pm

Thanks very much Brody!

I think I need to make a run to Blockbuster and rent the documentary...

Videos