News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bdwy24

Member Name: Bdwy24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'In The Heights' Tour is looking good...
 Jan 31 2010, 09:54:45 AM
I think Seth is just filling in for dance captain for a couple months. So surprising to see him offstage. I'm like "wait a minute?! I didn't see you onstage tonight." hehe
The 'In The Heights' Tour has one major problem...
 Jan 29 2010, 11:52:26 AM
I completely disagree with the original poster as well. I saw the show Tuesday night and Arielle is fantastic in the role and really surprised me. I was not expecting that voice in her. She has a beautifully controlled voice and great acting chops. Congrats to her on her success. Much different then when I saw her in HSM.

Sabrina Sloan is Vanessa. Who I also think is fantastic. If Im not mistaken, she just took over the role this past weekend. So, not the same Vanessa as most p

re: Chicago Tour question
 Oct 16 2009, 07:28:17 PM
Having seen them in their last stop before Tokyo, they are in tip-top shape and as good as Chicago can be. I was fortunate to see Tom Hewitt in the role of Billy which made it all that much better.
re: Avenue Q Tour is in AMAZING shape! Buffalo, NY 10/13/09
 Oct 15 2009, 04:48:24 PM
I saw the show last night. I thought it was a great company. I loved that the actors made it their own. Some new interpretations that I really enjoyed. My favorite was Christmas Eve. I thought she nailed the role. My only problem with the show was having Gary Coleman as I guy. I think they way the song is written works better as a women. I thought it fell flat. It sounds like the songs are written too high for a guy to comfortably sing it so some things had to be taken down. Anyone else
re: Coming Season in Buffalo
 Mar 18 2009, 11:54:33 AM
Unfortunately, casual theatre goers are very excited about next season. At last nights opening of Wizard of Oz when next season was announced from the stage Grease and Chicago had the biggest reactions out of the entire season.....

re: Coming Season in Buffalo
 Mar 17 2009, 05:27:26 PM
BettyBoy said it pretty well. Majority of the subscribers WANT to see these shows again, which is why they don't hesitate on repeating them. It is us "staunch theatre-goers" who are disappointed.

Shea's has no problem keeping subscribers and getting new subscribers.

Unfortunately, with the economy as it is people want to see shows they know. They aren't going to spend money on shows they don't know. Which is why, I think, In The Heights is going to be the hardest show t

re: Sweeney Tood Blood Questions
 Mar 3 2009, 08:12:57 AM
Just a suggestion: The show works without blood.
re: Shea's Buffalo '08-'09 Season Announced.
 Feb 13 2009, 06:02:00 PM
Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin are coming to Shea's May 2nd! Im pretty excited about this. Anybody else plan on going?
re: RENT Rocks Buffalo - Tour Review 1/13
 Jan 18 2009, 03:43:42 PM
Hard to tell them apart? They don't look ANYTHING alike. Complete opposites....

Vocally Trisha ROCKED it out.

re: RENT Rocks Buffalo - Tour Review 1/13
 Jan 14 2009, 01:42:39 PM
Fantastic show last night. Crowd was very responsive. Not a weak cast member in the cast. For the people who are in the show for the first time you would never know it was only their second week performing for an audience....

Something funky happened with the music at the top of I Should Tell You which caused Roger and Mimi to not be with the music. They were trying the hardest to not lose it through the whole number. LOVED it!

Lexi has an amazing voice and really did a ni

re: Donna Vivino to Take Over Elphaba in WICKED Tour
 Nov 5 2008, 08:27:28 AM
Donna is excellent! When she went on for Carmen I have heard people say how they can't believe she was the understudy and that someone is better than her.
re: Review - LEGALLY BLONDE Tour - Buffalo 10/18
 Oct 20 2008, 06:45:35 PM
It's not Shea's sound system. The tours bring in their own microphones and sound......
re: Who wants to break it to these kids they're not in the B'way touring ca
 Sep 1 2008, 02:05:17 PM
Is any tour really a "Broadway" tour? The show is made up of cast memebers that have been in the Broadway company...so in a way i guess they can get away with calling it a Broadway tour.
re: Suggestions From People Related To AMDA...
 Aug 28 2008, 02:13:54 PM
I recently sat through auditions in NYC and one after another AMDA students auditioned. None of them were good. The problem with AMDA is the teachers don't care. While they might be professionals in the business as soon as they get a job they're out of there. I have not talked to any students about the program, I just know from sitting through auditions in NYC and hearing what other people say, you're better off getting your training somewhere else.
re: Adelphi Univ. to present 1st licensed production of RENT
 Aug 28 2008, 02:05:14 PM
Isn't Weathervane Theatre doing this right now?
re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
 Jul 23 2008, 12:29:59 AM
I was under the impression that most of the original cast would be returning for the final performance that is going to be taped.....I would except more to be announced especially Anthony and Adam.
re: Wanted: Paulette Ivory
 Jul 6 2008, 09:24:45 AM
She was AMAZING in Aida. Such a presence and voice.
re: Is Rosie Gonna Do Wicked?
 Jul 4 2008, 02:57:48 PM
Candleshoe2 is right.
re: Is Rosie Gonna Do Wicked?
 Jul 4 2008, 10:06:06 AM
Alma Cuervo's last performance is, I believe, July 13th. and it is not Rosie who is taking over on the 16th. I do believe it is an African American taking over the role for the first time.
re: WICKED BEWITCHES BUFFALO! (3 Stars out of 4)
 Jun 26 2008, 02:19:02 PM
I am not in the cast or crew and have no inside information. I do work at the theatre. Audiences have been loving the show and buying tickets to return a second time. I have been hearing comments that it is just as good as Broadway and that Katie Clarke is better than anyone that they may have seen play the role previously.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You