pixeltracker

Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie- Page 2

Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#25re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 2:40pm

Allison will be playing Amanda Bynes' mom.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#26re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 4:20pm

AWESOME! Allison Janney was great in the West Wing, and I bet she will be awesome in this movie. Kudos to the casting people.

froggy2
#27re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 4:25pm

YUSSSS. I love Allison Janney and I want to be her when I grow up. I've only ever heard her sing on The West Wing (her version of "I'm Too Sexy" never fails to crack me up) but that was always just for fun. This is awesome.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#28re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 4:27pm

My favorite quote from Allison was when the West Wing started airing on TBS during their 'We Know Drama' campaign.

"Drama is...not enough Donuts on the craft srevice table."

love her!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#29re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 4:30pm

I'm assuming that she will not play the other parts that the actress in the Musical does, right?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#30re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 4:32pm

Most likely she will not play the other charatcers.

If what we hear is right... Big Doll House has been cut, so there probably wont be a Prison Matron.

I HOPE the dodge ball sequence is still in, so hopefully we have a gym teacher.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#31re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 5:34pm

Awesome news! My housemates hates Hairspray but loooooves Allison Janney, so I'm going to have fun with this for a while. re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#32re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:02pm

Kathy Griffin NEEDS to be in this movie.

defying_gravity2
#33re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/30/06 at 1:53am

This is awesome! She is the perfect person for this role. I love Allison Janney.

Pillowpants. 'Nuff said.

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#34re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 8/30/06 at 12:32pm

i agree with u newies. i think kathy would be great. but i'd love to jackie hoffman as the gym teacher

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#35re: Allison Janney to play Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray Movie
Posted: 9/2/06 at 6:31pm

Griffin could do a cameo as the Gym teacher. She's not my favorite ACTRESS, but a hilarious comedienne.