pixeltracker

RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times

RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#0RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times
Posted: 9/15/06 at 7:00am

"David Lindsay-Abaire's drama is spirited and refreshing, despite revolving around a family's loss."

"Heartbreaking as it can be, the play is never grim. It's too truthful, too spirited, too wise to be depressing. A study of the subterranean passageways of grief, it serves to remind that loss, even of the most shattering kind, can move us incrementally toward a deeper appreciation of what remains."

"The quiet three-dimensional depth of Lindsay-Abaire's writing can't be accessed via phony theatrics. There's either a genuine communion between player and part or there's nothing.

Fortunately, there's not a false note sounded by Cantor's ensemble. Her production may not have the same crackling intensity, but the portraits put forth by her cast are remarkably nuanced, like figures in a short story luring readers to make their own psychological discoveries."

"Rabbit Hole has been criticized for being less theatrically ambitious than Lindsay-Abaire's previous efforts. But if creating drama this beautifully observed is a step backward, then it's one that more playwrights should consider taking in their zigzag to maturity."
Down a 'Rabbit Hole' for reflections on grief

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 9/15/06 at 07:00 AM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1re: RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times
Posted: 9/15/06 at 7:13am

The cast:

Amy Ryan...Becca

Missy Yager...Izzy

Tate Donovan...Howie

Joyce Van Patten...Nat

Trever O'Brien...Jason

RABBIT HOLE plays through October 22 at the Geffen Playhouse, in Westwood.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 9/15/06 at 07:13 AM

#2re: RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times
Posted: 9/15/06 at 12:09pm

I gotta get me out to see it!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#3re: RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times
Posted: 9/16/06 at 4:21am

I agree with MacNulty 100%. It's a beautiful production and beautifully cast. Heart-wrenching and often hilarious. Tate Donovan is a revelation! A MUST-SEE.
Plus DO NOT FORGET Lawrence Fishburne and Angela Bassett in Fences...if you can get a ticket. Unforgettable!

jsrocks
#4re: RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times
Posted: 10/3/06 at 9:21am

Joyce Van Patten is John Slattery's mother-in-law. That's so cool and funny that she's in Rabbit Hole playing Nat right after he just finished playing Howie on Broadway! re: RABBIT HOLE opens in L.A. to a rave from the L.A. Times

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-