pixeltracker

Stop The World I Want To Get Off

Stop The World I Want To Get Off

bubba7753
#0Stop The World I Want To Get Off
Posted: 10/24/06 at 3:27pm

Why hasn't there been any revivals of this wonderful show.The music is excellent. I could see Hugh Jackman as Little Chap.

roquat
#1re: Stop The World I Want To Get Off
Posted: 10/24/06 at 3:57pm

It was rumored a while ago that Sam Harris was considering starring in a revival. Is this still accurate?

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: Stop The World I Want To Get Off
Posted: 10/24/06 at 3:59pm

I never heard Sam Harris, I heard Hugh Jackman. The Hugh rumors came at the same time when Hugh was said to be starring in a revival of PAL JOEY.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

husk_charmer
#3re: Stop The World I Want To Get Off
Posted: 10/24/06 at 4:18pm

It's about time Leslie Bricusse had a show on Broadway again, he really does have some good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

nobodyhome Profile Photo
nobodyhome
#4re: Stop The World I Want To Get Off
Posted: 10/24/06 at 5:00pm

Though it does have a terrific score, the book is very skeletal. I think that the original didn't get great reviews either in London or on Broadway, but managed to be moderately successful because of the performances, the songs, and interest in its unconventional nature. And because it cost so little to produce and run.

Another reason why it might not hold up too well in revival is that so much of it is satire that is no longer applicable. Younger people might be truly lost during some of it.

Again, I like the score a lot. I just think it was very much of its time.

Videos