pixeltracker

Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis

Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#1Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:33am

So, last night I had the pleasure of seeing Spelling Bee hear in Minneapolis, and it was great! I couldn't stop laughing. The Cast was great, the songs were great, the costumes were great, etc. The Cast really seemed like little kids, especially Olive, she looked very young. We didn't have any understudies on. It was so funny with the audience members. One man kept going and finally got out on his 5th word. My favorite part would have to from "The I Love You Song" through the end. It was really sad, especially when Logan gave Mitch a hugh hug at the end of Woe is Me(Reprise).
So, last night was a ton of fun. I wish I could see it againg and again. I still have "The I Love You Song" in my head.
Sorry if this review seems rushed, I have to get to be. I have a show tomorrow.

snazzier
#1re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:48am

Glad you had fun at the Bee! It's a fabulous show and maybe you can catch it on tour again or in New York! :)
Break a leg in your show!

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#2re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:49am

glad you liked it re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis

Emilie! Profile Photo
Emilie!
#3re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 7:03pm

I was there on Saturday! I got to meet four cast members (Miguel Cervantes, Eric Petersen, Sarah Stiles, and Michael Zahler), it was awesome! I got pictures also. :]

The show itself was hilarious. During I Speak Six Languages, Katie Boren almost fell down the stairs. My friend Therese got a Goobers pack thrown at her by Chip because he threw one long throw into the box seats by us. Did you get a signed program? They were giving them for donations of 10 dollars for the AIDS charity.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#4re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 7:05pm

i loved the tour...the cast was sooo soo sooo great!

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

lxandrabway
#5re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 7:56pm

I saw the show in MN too but on Wednesday night. I loved the show. I saw it in NY and I really liked this cast. I don't remember being that 'touched' the first time.

Standouts were definitely Miguel Cervantes as Chip, Sarah Stiles as Logan, Michael Zahler as Coneybear and Dana Steingold (understudy) as Olive. Sarah is really cute and does a much different Logan than the girl in NY, but I liked it just as much. Michael is really funny and plays a sweet faced Coneybear and Miguel has a fantastic big voice and also has quite the arm on him, he threw the candy so high!

Dana Steingold was a fabulous Olive u/s. She is an adorable girl and has a gorgeous voice but is also really quirky and really funny. I talked to her after when she was collecting for Broadway Cares and I told her I was shocked she was the understudy and how I was glad I had a chance to see her. I think she will be a big deal in the theatre soon. I guess the other girl must be fantastic if she is understudying her! She was super sweet and is SO tiny offstage. I also asked how many times she had done Olive and she said that her first time had been the day before, but she has done Logan a bunch of times. I also met Miguel and he took a picture with us and was REALLY nice. I will recommend this cast to many people!!

zaneyb3000
#6re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:58pm

I just saw they matinée performance this afternoon and I have to agree with everything. This was my first time at the Bee and it couldn't have been better.

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#7re: Spelling Bee (Tour)- Nov.10.- Minneapolis
Posted: 11/13/06 at 7:40am

Emilie- No, I didn't get a singed program, I only had $5 dollars left. I'm glad you had a great time.

Videos