"The Times" 11/18 matinee

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#1"The Times" 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:12pm

So I saw it yesterday...i really liked it..especially the dancing. The only part i didn't get was during Tambourine Man when the ensemble came out with black cloaks. Other than that I liked it. My favorite scene was "Masters of War" mainly because of the amazing dancing and the amazing john selya. our seats were front row...we made eye contact with most of the cast...michael arden winked at us....and john selya recognized my friend and I from meeting him at Movin' Out....and he was looking over at us many times during the show and he winked at us and blew us a kiss during the curtain call!

after the show we met most of the actors. when John came out, he came up to my and my friends and said "My favorites!" it was amazing! he signed our playbills and we took pictures with him...and he hugged me! we asked him if he was sad the show was closing and he said "no...." and then we asked if he liked his costumes and again, he said "no..." we talked to him for a little while and i told him how amazing he was... THen we met Michael Arden...he was so nice..he said "oh you guys were in the front row! you were such a great audience! You were so entertaining!" We also met Marty Lawson and Ron Tordorowski!!...and Thom Sesma...who said that the whole time the cast was off stage they were watching us because our facial expressions and reactions to what was going on were so great. we got so embarassed, but thom said "no you guys were great! we loved you!"

all in all, the show was very twyla. im sad to see it go....and i wish all the cast luck in whatever they do!!

Christina314 Profile Photo
Christina314
#1re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:17pm

yea it was amazing!!

JustABroadwaybaby2
#2re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:28pm

You lucky, lucky people. Michael Arden is just..well...yeah. I made eye contact with them when I got bored. I just smiled. Shyly. I'm glad you enjoyed it, kind of sad that Selya didn't really care.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Christina314 Profile Photo
Christina314
#3re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:31pm

they were all really nice though!i didnt really get bored during the show cause there was always something to look at..like the dancing or the crazy costumes or michael ardens face or john selyas muscles..

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#4re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 9:38pm

yea....john selya is pretty much amazing......

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#5re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/19/06 at 10:54pm

Kikki, are you saying that John Selya didn't seem to care that the show was closing, or that he was trying not to be a downer about it?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

kikki327 Profile Photo
kikki327
#6re: 'The Times' 11/18 matinee
Posted: 11/20/06 at 2:33pm

i dont think he didnt care about the show....i just dont think he took it seriously. and i think i would find it hard to take it seriously if i was wearing all that velour and polka dots.....

Videos