"Its All Over" Lyric Changes?

Effie Im TIRED Profile Photo
Effie Im TIRED
#1"Its All Over" Lyric Changes?
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:03pm

Anyone know the reason for the two lyric changes in the movie version?

Instead of the new girl saying "I've seen enough fights in this business!" she says "I'm just breaking into this business!"

Also they took out the line "Wake up, baby, a star is a slave" and instead had Beyonce still screaming "YOUUUUU!"

*That site* has the evidence

Wrong, sir. Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

Mattbrain
#1re: 'Its All Over' Lyric Changes?
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:15pm

The reason Michelle sings, "I'm just breaking into this business" is because, in the movie, instead of some rising singer that Curtis picked out of a lineup, she's his secretary.

I don't know about the other one.

But can I get the link perhaps?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Effie Im TIRED Profile Photo
Effie Im TIRED
#2re: 'Its All Over' Lyric Changes?
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:44pm

Check your PM's.

Wrong, sir. Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum"! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: 'Its All Over' Lyric Changes?
Posted: 11/21/06 at 8:45pm

The other change isn't a lyric change, just a character change -- since Jimmy Early isn't in the scene (for obvious reasons), his lyrics/lines were given to Deena, which work perfectly and gives Deena more to sing in the scene:

"...she had nothing to do with the change, it was you!" -- that whole section.

Josh Freilich
#4re: 'Its All Over' Lyric Changes?
Posted: 3/30/09 at 1:52am

"All you can do is rant and rave,
You think a star's a king,
Well, WAKE UP BABY, A STAR IS A SLAAAAAAAAVE!"

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

Videos