Montego Glover as Celie

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#1Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/16/07 at 4:36pm

She was awesome as Celie when I saw it the other day on Feb. 11th. Will she become the new standby?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/16/07 at 5:51pm

Isn't she already the standby?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/16/07 at 5:58pm

Montego is fierce!

wickedfanatic34 Profile Photo
wickedfanatic34
#3re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/16/07 at 6:08pm

No, she was just the understudy along with someone else. And yeah she's feirce.

wired4success
#4re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/17/07 at 7:52pm

Montego Glover was excellent on Sunday Matinee. I saw Jeannette last week as well and Jeannette can sing like nobody's business, But Miss Glover did her "thang". It is wonderful to see the talent of the understudies, and you can't tell they're understudies. The flow of the show was just great.

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#5re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/17/07 at 8:17pm

I saw it on Friday and I found it really interesting that Darlecia (Nettie), is now an understudy for Celie. I cannot picture her as Celie at all. She's good as Nettie, but I cannot see her doing Celie.

wired4success
#6re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/17/07 at 8:21pm

Well because of her great acting as Nettie, I bet she could play anything.

Flaunt It
#7re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/17/07 at 9:24pm

Montego is a force... she needs to be a huge star. She is a back up singing in that crappy Kevin Kahoon video that was in the front page here for a few days!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#8re: Montego Glover as Celie
Posted: 2/17/07 at 9:47pm

wickedfanatic, according to the resume posted on Montego's website, she is the Standby for the roles of Celie and Nettie. Darlesia Cercy (Nettie) is the secondary Celie understudy.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Videos