News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for admanrich

admanrich Profile Photo
Member Name: admanrich
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: MOVIE ELPHABAS AND GLINDAS????
 Jul 21 2008, 01:39:20 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that depending on when the movie is made, Kristin had dibs on Madame Morrible.

That being said, I like the idea of splitting up Elphaba and Glinda into two different actresses. However, if the movie is not made for another 5 years, since they probably will want to wait until the hype dies down a bit, Kristin will be almost 45. If they do the older Glinda/younger Glinda, then I can see Kristin being the older Glinda.

I think Kristin is far more like

re: Cherry Jones To Join '24'
 Jul 21 2007, 05:45:50 PM
Wait what happened to the current president? Isn't he still alive?

re: The Lea Michele- Wicked Rumor
 Jul 19 2007, 12:53:56 AM
I personally thought the myspace blog was just her saying that the rumor is not true and although she wants to be Elphaba in Wicked, it's not happening anytime soon.
Spelling Bee Discount Code?
 Jul 16 2007, 08:14:23 PM
Are there any discount codes for Spelling Bee? On Broadwaybox, the most recent one expired and there's no current one up there. I'm surprised there's nothing listed considering it's not really a hit show, is there a code on another site I don't know about?
re: Spring Awakening and the Cast who seems to have illness issues!
 Mar 4 2007, 11:16:55 PM
The cast of Spring Awakening is so small and there really is no ensemble, so of course everyone knows when someone's out because they have to put the understudy board up. However, at a big show like Wicked with a huge ensemble, there are JUST as many people out on a given performance, except no one would ever know because the theatre is not required to post who is covering for ensemble members. It seems like there are so many people out, but it's just the same as any other show.
re: The Color Purple cast changes
 Feb 18 2007, 07:34:18 PM
I saw Jeannette on Friday and I was super impressed! I wish her luck wherever she goes!
re: The Color Purple cast changes
 Feb 18 2007, 04:23:29 PM
No offense to Natasha, but if someone was going to impersonate a Broadway star, I don't think Natasha would be the first to come to mind.
re: Montego Glover as Celie
 Feb 17 2007, 08:17:15 PM
I saw it on Friday and I found it really interesting that Darlecia (Nettie), is now an understudy for Celie. I cannot picture her as Celie at all. She's good as Nettie, but I cannot see her doing Celie.
re: Need lotto/rush advice for this weekend quickly!
 Feb 17 2007, 12:49:32 PM
I would recommend Spring Awakening to the teenagers. They have rush, but get there early in order to get enough seats.

Also, you could try Tarzan-- if they are younger teenagers, then this might be a good choice, but if they are 16+, Tarzan would probably bore them.

Color Purple also has general rush, but you have to get there early. It is a great show, and if the teenagers have read the book or saw the movie, they would love the show.

Lotto wise, RENT and Hairspray

Fantasia Is The New Celie In Purple
 Feb 17 2007, 12:57:30 AM
Just saw Jeannette tonight and she is amazing!

After seeing the show tonight, there is NO way Fantasia can perform to that caliber eight times a week. I would not be surprised if she had a 6 show contract and/or they lowered the key to I'm Here for her.

re: Fantasia Is The New Celie In Purple
 Feb 14 2007, 11:51:10 PM
EW JUST EW.

Ugh I could never stand Fantasia's voice and I really don't feel like hearing her scream "I'm Here"

Not to mention she cannot act. If they want stunt casting, can we move away from the ex-American Idol people who want to hold onto their 15 minutes as long as they can? (With the exception of Jennifer Hudson, of course).

re: SPRING AWAKENING 2/7
 Feb 8 2007, 03:22:51 PM
Lauren is the dance captain so I know she periodically has to watch the show from the audience, hence she's out often to keep up with her dance captain duties.
re: Spring Awakening Understudies
 Feb 4 2007, 07:41:49 PM
I don't think that clause with Lea is right. Why would she not do the nudity? What would cause her to decide randomly at a performance to not do it?

I believe that Jenn Damiano is too young to do on stage nudity, which is why they replaced her with Krysta.

re: Spring Awakening...still casting?
 Jan 31 2007, 10:08:40 PM
Yeah they need another swing because they don't have enough swings to cover if 1 lead and 1 ensemble were out.
re: Legally Blonde Musical, first preview reactions
 Jan 25 2007, 03:50:43 PM
Any second preview reviews?
re: Rent - current cast
 Jan 23 2007, 09:36:52 PM
I have seen Haven Burton as Maureen a couple times and she is phenominal. I'm really surprised she hasn't been bumped up to full time Maureen yet. She covered Ava for like an entire month and I haven't read a bad review of her ever! I heard she auditioned for Glinda in Wicked and hopefully she can move on to bigger and better things!
re: 'Wicked' plot holes
 Jan 22 2007, 10:35:10 PM
The "child of both worlds" has always bugged me. It's such a gaping plot hole.
re: The absolute cheapest tickets
 Jan 22 2007, 10:31:43 PM
You could join play by play, but they rarely have mainstream Broadway shows up. I'm not exactly sure how to join/ if there are membership fees, but it's like $3 a show. However, they probably won't have any well-known Broadway shows on there.

$25 is really the cheapest for rush/lotto. Some shows are $20, but that doesn't really make a huge difference.

re: Wicked Cancellation Line
 Jan 22 2007, 10:29:41 PM
Yeah you have to do it secretly if you want to do both cancellation and lotto. One person has to stay in line or else they can take away lotto seats if one of you wins.

Cancellation is 99% house seats for $110.00. I have never heard of anyone getting cancellations for less rear mezzanine or partial view. It could happen, but cancellation is great if you are willing to spend full price.

re: spring awakening tour/west end?
 Jan 22 2007, 10:27:19 PM
It has to make it to 100 performances first...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You