pixeltracker

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread- Page 49

The Jersey Boys Tour Thread

shesamarshmallow
#1200Jersey boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:28pm

If that's who've been standing at the back of the orch, the Vegas callbacks are GORGEOUS.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#1201Jersey boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 1:49pm

I agree! The Jersey Boys souvenir program should have an insert with all three cast's (and upcoming cast's) biographies just like the one I purchased at the August Wilson. Only there should be three different versions with photos from the current permanent and touring casts.

It's just a great idea that Antonijan made, and feedback from the fans should make it to the publicists, because this will definitely generate revenue!

Also, the souvenir stands should also expand their sizes of t-shirts and sweatshirts to accommodate up to 3X.....

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1202Jersey boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 1:50pm

Also, the souvenir stands should also expand their sizes of t-shirts and sweatshirts to accommodate up to 3X.....

No, that would just encourage the little old ladies to ask various Frankie Vallis to come share a shirt with them. Literally.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#1203Jersey boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 2:20pm

Oh no!!!!!

"If the shirt fits, wear it....." LOL!!!

I've seen it due to the younger crowds at the Curran and their fads of wearing loose fit t-shirts for "fashion", and getting bummed out when their "size" is unavailable.....

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1204SF AIDS Walk in 2 days
Posted: 7/13/07 at 2:39pm

Keep them coming!!!

mll85
#1205SF AIDS Walk in 2 days
Posted: 7/13/07 at 3:50pm

They beat their current goal. And Jeremy has no chance of beating Larry at this point, unless he can pull off some kind of miracle before Sunday.
Team Jersey Boys

LizzieCurry
#1206SF AIDS Walk in 2 days
Posted: 7/13/07 at 4:08pm

Poor Steve Gouveia!

mpw607
#1207Jersey Boys London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 4:24pm

The previews begin 28 February, not mid-February.

As a Briton, I'm entitled to be unpatriotic and say I want American leads, not British ones! To get the show off the ground we need JLY and Christian Hoff. Seriously, they'll be crazy if they don't get those guys over to launch the show.

This isn't America,the Four Seasons aren't as well known as in the US, so they need the selling point of having the original Broadway Tony winners. Once the show has truly established itself, then we can use local talent.

Also it's going to be a challenge to fill the house. The Prince Edward has at least 200 more seats than the August Wilson. What we need is Tony-winning stars.

LizzieCurry
#1208Jersey Boys London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 4:33pm

Hoff is all tied up with Pal Joey, though.

I don't blame you for wanting American leads, but you likely won't necessarily need those two in particular for a success. Jersey Boys London

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#1209Jersey Boys London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 4:54pm

If they are almost done with the Vegas casting I guess it is time we start fining cast members?

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

LizzieCurry
#1210Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 4:59pm

I'm doing what I can! :) It's tougher than last time, though. Jersey Boys Vegas

jerseyboyslover
#1211Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 5:02pm

Here is a guy who had a call back. Dont know how it turned out. maybe I should send me a message

Jesse Kazemek
http://www.myspace.com/jessekazemek

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

mll85
#1212Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 5:08pm

If there is enought buzz about the show in the UK then I think who they cast won't matter. I think when the tour started in the US there was talk about "would it be as good as Broadway cast" and both touring compaines have lived up to the expectations. Although I do see that having JLY and Hoff if possible wouldn't hurt. But if the reaction is anything like what the show has been getting in the US, it won't have trouble selling out the Prince Edward. I know the theaters where it's currently playing have more seats then the August Wilson. The Curran in SF has about 1600 seat and I think the Ahmanson has about 2000.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#1213JLY for London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 5:23pm

The London Production should at least get JLY just like when Lea Salonga crossed over from the West end production of Miss Saigon to Broadway :P

LizzieCurry
#1214JLY for London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 5:29pm

That was different...

(And don't cite Michael Crawford, either.)

jerseyboyslover
#1215JLY for London
Posted: 7/13/07 at 7:04pm

I think the London production will do fine with out JLY or Christian. So far the casting directors who have cast Jersey Boys state side have done a wonderful job. I dont see why the ones in the west end wont.

Updated On: 7/17/07 at 07:04 PM

mll85
#1216Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 7:18pm

One of Doug's friends went on on the audtions for Vegas because I remember reading a comment he left on Doug's myspace talking about how the audition went. But this was about 2 months ago and who know if he got a callback.

jerseyboyslover
#1217Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 7:26pm

I found a girl on myspace who went with three friends and they all audtioned, but from reading her blog it looks like none of them got called back.

jerseyboyslover
#1218Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:04pm

I have the front cover of Doug's book done and the first two pages. If you want to see them send me a pm ( they are working now) I dont want to post pictures on here, just in case he reads the boards.

jerseyboyslover
#1220Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:13pm

He can know about it, he just cant see it til it is done.

jerseyboyslover
#1221Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:15pm

I am going to guess that "DOES" means he reads the boards?

Bi-coastal
#1222Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:22pm

No...I don't know that for sure...but ANYONE can read the boards.

jerseyboyslover
#1223Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:28pm

I know some of the cast members do. What ever happened to Erich? Did you guys scare him away? Jersey Boys Vegas

LizzieCurry
#1224Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:38pm

Oh, he'll pop back up, I'm sure. Jersey Boys Vegas We have to find out when he and Deven are doing their Jazz Odyssey somehow!

mll85
#1225Jersey Boys Vegas
Posted: 7/13/07 at 8:42pm

What ever happened to Erich? Did you guys scare him away?
I think he stopped posting after someone developed some online stalker behavior. You folks know who I'm talking about.

But I'm sure he's busy, or just doesn't have anything to post. I clicked on the who's online button because I was going to send someone a PM a few weeks ago and I saw him on.
Updated On: 7/13/07 at 08:42 PM