News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MikeMagbaleta

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
Member Name: MikeMagbaleta
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm just your average, normal, fan of the Jersey Boys, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, their music, and the play. 2008..... VEGAS BABY!!!!!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Which of the following ten upcoming shows are you most looking forward  Jun 24 2008, 07:52:24 PM
Pal Joey featuring Christian Hoff at Studio 54 12/08
Les Miz featuring John Lloyd Young at the Hollywood Bowl, LA 8/08
Jersey Boys at the August Wilson Theatre 8/08
Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons - Wells Fargo Center, Santa Rosa, CA 8/08
Jersey Boys at the Palazzo, Las Vegas 07/08
Jersey Boys at the Bank of America Theatre, Chicago 09/08

I guess you can tell which musicals my family loves watching, especially other plays and musicals featuring ex Jersey Boys cast m

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?  Jun 24 2008, 07:43:17 PM
Original Broadway Cast soundtrack to Jersey Boys
OBC Jersey Boys soundtrack "mix"
Original Broadway Cast soundtrack to Avenue Q

re: First Stage Door Experience  Jun 24 2008, 11:42:22 AM
1st Broadway Stage Door experience was after watching Aida with Toni Braxton. She was very accommodating to the crowd, considering her already huge celebrity status as an R&B artist.

1st Off Broadway Stage Door was with the SF National Tour Cast of Jersey Boys and Pre Broadway preview of Legally Blond w/Laura Bell Bundy in San Francisco. Both casts were very kind when signing playbills, posing for pictures and waiting till all fans were accommodated.

who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jun 23 2008, 06:54:11 PM
I'll always include thanks for a great performance, also recognizing past achievements in TV, stage, movies or cable that the actors have done and best wishes for continued success.

Also, as part of a charitable request for fundraising because I am an officer in my son's high school drama booster club, I solicit some Broadway casts for signed Playbills or promotional swag to include in our silent auctions and raffles. They basically are receptive to the idea because nowadays in CA, mos

re: Awkward Stage Door Moments  Jun 23 2008, 02:16:21 PM
Yup..... Also, there was someone there hanging with that group that always talks us (especially you, JB fan and her sister, Anthony John, me and the other regulars) down just because she claims to purchase "VIP Tix" for every Jersey Boy cast performance that passed through the Curran back then.....
re: Awkward Stage Door Moments  Jun 23 2008, 01:19:43 PM
Getting berated by an over anxious "rush regular" with four letter words at the Curran Theatre during the Jersey Boy SF cast run when heading down the long alleyway to the stage door when waved in by a principal member of the cast for a comprehensive backstage tour. I guess she did not see him wave my sons and I in and just assumed we were cutting in line and impatient to get autographs from the cast.....

Same thing happened after exiting a backstage tour of the August Wilson Theatre g

re: Jersey Boys Review 6/18/08  Jun 20 2008, 03:46:38 PM
I believe Audrey Rockman, who is one of the most passionate Jersey Boys fans in the NY/NJ area is the organizer of the Jersey Boys Bus Tour, but have not yet experienced the tour because I think they had only two so far and is yet permanent until they see if enough interest is out there.

I've been travelling between SF and NY/NJ a lot due to family business, which allowed me to be able to watch more shows at the August Wilson, since our National Tour, Chicago Cast, SF Cast and LV previe

re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway  Jun 20 2008, 01:09:43 PM
Having my son act in Honk!, Once Upon a Mattress and Guys & Dolls..... It led to watching Grease, Legally Blonde, the Jersey Boys National Tour in 2006, as well as their San Francisco, Las Vegas preview, Chicago and Broadway casts about 29 times now.

Also, lasting friendships were started with cast members of the Chicago Jersey Boys and Tony Award Winner John Lloyd Young.

re: Do you keep your Playbills?  Jun 20 2008, 01:02:47 PM
I have my playbills (about 25 cast and individually signed and about 75 unsigned) in semi-rigid protective comic book sleeves and placed in a comic book box. There are a few (Toni Braxton-Aida, cast signed Jersey Boys, Grease, Avenue Q, Mary Poppins, Legally Blonde) that I have in special Playbill frames on the wall.

It's a great hobby and also a great chance to meet celebrities in person at the stage door.

re: Jersey Boys Review 6/18/08  Jun 20 2008, 12:56:56 PM
I totally agree. I was in the audience last Saturday evening and always enjoy the musical, no matter who is featured. Comparing John Lloyd Young and Michael Longoria to Frankie Valli is easy, because after watching Frankie's concerts (once in the 70's and once last year) and TV/DVD clips from the early days, he does not move much to begin with, and the Jersey Boys casts bring the Four Seasons "to life"!

I've watched the San Francisco cast, Las Vegas cast preview, Chicago cast, Broadw

re: Should I see SUNDAY (again) tonight?  Jun 19 2008, 06:43:08 PM
My family and I watched Jersey Boys (National Tour, San Francisco Cast, Chicago Cast, Las Vegas Cast previews and the OBC on Broadway) 29 times. If you really enjoy the musical/play, can relate to the story onstage and enjoy the dancing/music, it's definitely worthwhile. It's earned us a lot of friendships with cast members and stage crews, not to mention receiving numerous invites for backstage tours of their venues.
who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jun 18 2008, 04:18:43 PM
2 signed Jersey Boys cast playbills from John Lloyd Young
1 signed Young Frankenstein cast playbill
1 signed Wicked cast playbill
1 signed Mary Poppins cast playbill
1 signed Avenue Q cast playbill
1 signed Grease cast playbill
Headshots from Orfeh, John Lloyd Young, Christian Hoff, J. Robert Spencer, Max & Laura from Grease, Laura Bell Bundy and Patti LuPone.

re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey Boys' - 11/09  Nov 19 2007, 12:13:31 PM
Everyone from John, the fans, his cast and the ushers/box office, were the ones negatively affected.

I just hope for a positive resolution this week and even since the August Wilson Theatre is dark normally today, what's not to say the dispute can end today and his "last" performance can indeed go on tomorrow? I'm crossing my fingers for that one.....

re: Live animals on stage  Nov 16 2007, 07:14:40 PM
Have there ever been any other types of animals besides dogs onstage ever? For me, I'd hope for a musical that features koalas.....
20 Questions  Nov 16 2007, 06:31:04 PM
1. Age: 41

2. Male or Female: Male

3. Favorite Broadway (or other) musical: Jersey Boys

4. Favorite Broadway (or other) straight play: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

5. Worst Broadway (or other) Musical: Lord of the Rings

6. Worst Broadway straight (or other) play: None

7. Favorite Musical movie: Guys and Dolls

8. Worst Musical movie: Once Upon a Mattress

9. Favorite Cast Recording: Jersey Boys/Avenue Q

Macy's Tree Lighting Ceremony  Nov 14 2007, 07:44:15 PM
The KFRC show will probably be huge! Ben-Fong is one of the writers that used to work for Rolling Stone Magazine back in the day and is one of the biggest celebrities in the entertainment industries when it comes to his interaction with the stars!

Very objective, and tells it like it is, especially with the Jersey Boys. Wonder how much of a flashback he received after watching Jersey Boys because he probably covered the Four Seasons in one way or another back then.

re: Some questions for the Local 1 guys on this board  Nov 14 2007, 12:29:00 PM
I believe that they deserve a raise, which should be the simplest thing to discuss..... The stagehands perform a difficult job in making a production successful. Do you think that the actors and ensemble can handle moving props and do the lighting/sound themselves?

Nurses/doctors, stagehands, TV show writers, trash collectors I understand their jobs are vital and need to be taken care of. Stop the madness and accommodate them!

re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......  Nov 14 2007, 12:19:51 PM
Talking about stalkers and blowhards..... There is a pair in San Francisco, possibly mother & daughter, that always push people around at stage door, don't attend performances but still hang around the theatre with assorted memorabilia to have the Jersey Boys casts sign and act like they are the only "authority on Jersey Boys" and everyone else attending is crap.

I have friends that attend the August Wilson shows (toughest ticket on Earth!), they have the ticket stubs to prove it and a

re: Choreography that left you speechless.  Nov 14 2007, 12:13:49 PM
I'd say "Crapshooter's Ballet" from "Guys and Dolls".
re: Will John Lloyd Young's last performance still be next week......  Nov 14 2007, 12:08:11 PM
Per the Jersey Boys blog, John Lloyd's blog and the man himself, if the strike extends through the 21st, then he only has to sign in at the theatre every day and when the dreaded day comes next week, that's it. He can always come back to the production, but told me that after the 21st, he'll be a "civilian" and a "Jersey Boys Fan".

It's also possible to see him "offstage" because I did so at the BC/EFA Jersey Boys Fans benefit against AIDS in NYC. We chatted about life in his native N

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You