pixeltracker

L5Y and Wild Party in Boston- Page 3

L5Y and Wild Party in Boston

Blue Spruce Theatre Profile Photo
Blue Spruce Theatre
#50re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/25/07 at 5:19pm

Cool. I was the guy who asked about what he thought about having two Wild Parties playing at the same time. Small world.

The MJL version is on my relatively short list of shows I'd like to produce for Blue Spruce, although I need to be careful; I don't want to be accused of simply stealing all of SpeakEasy's recent production ideas. :) It might be too large a show to fit in our mission statement though. We shall see....
Updated On: 4/25/07 at 05:19 PM

ashley0139
#51re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/25/07 at 5:27pm

I was definitely three seats down in the same row. And very upset because I was going to ask that, but you beat me to it. But I digress.

Here's wishing this Wild Party a happy opening tonight.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

broadwaybaby086
#52re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/25/07 at 5:45pm

Giddy, thanks; I actually had seen those. I was vague; I meant in the context of a larger piece. Cabaret acts and recitals are great, there's no denying that, but I'm sure she'd shine in something like this. Snaps for WP!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

#53re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/25/07 at 10:53pm

giddyup...

while I am all for self promotion. Why don't you just use your name. If you search Marla Mindelle in the boards you username comes up under EVERY post. I really admire performers that use their own names and honestly promote themselves or projects on boards. lame. Good Luck with your show, Marla.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#54re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 12:58am

I was at the final dress last night too (Ashley, I thought I saw you but you were too far away for me to say something). I liked Mindle's voice a lot but it did take some getting used to after a couple of years of listening to the OOBCR. The sound problems were pretty bad at times which was really disappointing, especially since there were times that I could barely hear the cast over the pit. I thought that the production was very good but I didn't love the choreography. The moves themselves were good and everyone's dancing was fine, but when all of the separate choreography was going on, it didn't really work for me. It just looked disorganized. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go back once the kinks get ironed out, but since I finish school next week, I don't know if I'll get to.

Whatever happened to class?

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#55re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 2:46am

The pit was too loud last night. I was sitting in the pit but didn't play. We did fix some volume issues tonight, but unfortunately the show was canceled after "An Old-Fashioned Love Story" because Marla became ill and the understudy was not ready to go on. (Someone said that this incident gave a whole new meaning to Leigh Barrett stopping the show.) I believe the understudy will go on for Thursday's show and they're hoping that Marla will be well enough for Friday's performance, which is the press performance. I'll be playing press night, so if any of you go opening night, you'll hear me!

~Steven

giddyup
#56re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 7:45am

That is absolutely not true. I went to school with her. Everybody knew from day one that she was the one to beat. And, while, yes, whenever there is something about her, I almost always add my two cents, there are plenty of others who are her fans, too: Gclef, broadwayboy, zoran, etc., and others I can't remember. And, there are also other people that I put my two cents in on also. And, I wasn't even the one to start this thread. So, why don't you insult some of the people on this board who are so utterly cruel and b------ to many actors/actresses. I also take things on here with a grain of salt, as I know many of the folks on here are wannabes either now or in the future.

ashley0139
#57re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:21am

The moves themselves were good and everyone's dancing was fine, but when all of the separate choreography was going on, it didn't really work for me. It just looked disorganized.

Interesting, because that was my favorite part. It all looked so well thought out and like organized chaos. But, to each his own.

That's really too bad about the show last night! Though Leigh's song is not a bad way to end it. Haha. Aimee is the understudy, right? I'd be extremely curious to hear about how she does in the role (saw her in SWIWS). Best of luck to her tonight.

Oh, and on another thread Craig confirmed that Giddyup is NOT Marla Mindelle.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#58re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 12:42pm

I wish I could go see Aimee tonight, but best of luck to her. I loved her in See What I Wanna See. And I hope that Marla gets well very soon.

Whatever happened to class?

Blue Spruce Theatre Profile Photo
Blue Spruce Theatre
#59re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 12:50pm

I'm going tonight. Can't miss the chance to see Aimee as Queenie. Long story. Also planning on going to Saturday matinée.

#60re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 1:05pm

it wasn't meant as an insult. I just think it seems a little strange. And the sneaky self promotion....seems...just that, sneaky.

if you are her friend, you are a good friend.

ashley0139
#61re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/26/07 at 3:47pm

About this production, I also wanted to mention that it really knows how to pull the audience in. I really forgot I was watching a show. I got so sucked in and then someone would cough behind me and I would remember.

Also, the audience seemed very into it. At the end, when (SPOILER)

Burrs pulls out the gun, the entire audience audibly gasped. I heard people around me saying "Oh my God" and "Whoa". It was very cool.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#62re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/28/07 at 11:43am

I played at the press performance last night. Aimee did go on as Queenie again. The artistic director said this is the first time that an understudy has had to go on for press night. I feel bad for Marla. But the audience seemed to like the show. Was anyone there?

~Steven

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#63re: L5Y and Wild Party in Boston
Posted: 4/30/07 at 2:27pm

As a friend of Marla's I can assure you, she has not posted on BroadwayWorld.com. She does, however, apparently have a few fans that are die hard...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Videos