News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

well this is exciting.

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#1well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 4:16pm

I found this here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40401388
It's actually pretty credible because the person who runs it is in contact with Damon Intrabartolo.
BARE IS BECOMING PUBLIC

"I'm sure you will all be quite excited that I have learned that the rights to Bare will soon be available! Meaning, the show can and will be put on by theater groups, possibly even professionally. For more information, when it is available, check this site:

http://www.theatricalrights.com/

The site doesn't list any licensing information right now, but keep checking back.

Thank you to Josh and others that have reminded me to post this!

Damon Intrabartolo has also said that the album for Bare will be put out."

Hopefully this works, it would be great if so!
I wonder what type of theater group would tackle this?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 4:27pm

I am so glad I got to see the show in New York. And if it is true, I look forward to the recording of the show. I chatted with Damon via e-mail for a while before I saw the show. I met him afterwards and we talked about the show being recorded. He was saying how expensive it was but he was working on it. Hopefully it has been recorded with the New York cast or he can get them back to record it.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 4/21/07 at 04:27 PM

broadwayguy2
#2re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 4:33pm

uncage, the original cast did this 7 years ago. New York was the second cast. While they had some great people, I fekt that the cast definatly had a few weak links (some were replaced for the open ended run that never happened), and at least one peron was good but GLARINGLY wrong for what Damon, Jon, and Kristin wanted (they forced to use said cast member by the Dodgers)...

I look forward to being able to see, be in, or otherwise experience BARE again and a recording would be most welcome, though most likely and thankfully it will be a studio cast recording.

*BG2 starts dreaming about potential people on this recording and doing this show*

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 4:35pm

I actually knew that and edited my post. So who is this "said" cast member? I enjoyed the entire cast.

Just give the world Love.

broadwayguy2
#4re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 4:50pm

I prefer not to say on the boards. If you have seen the casting breakdown issued for the show when they were casting and saw the LA company (at least in pictures or on demo CDs, etc and then saw/heard the New York cast, it is VERY obvious.

I also know that they weren't too happy with the 'lighter' orchestrations that the Dodgers shoehorned them into using. The band in NY was 1 persons maller than in LA (LA also had a few more cast members) even though the NY stage was larger. LA also had a more edgey sound' which I know they wanted to try to bring back into the show for the open ended run..

I look forward to exploring the new/revised material.

Sad as it is, I have this show pretty much totally cast and designed.. and staged.. in my head. I saw this at ATA two times in a row. It was the year before I moved here. I was here for vacation for one week on a very last minute trip. I went to the theatre, they were sold out, so I signed up on the cancelation list and sat down on the steps and waited.. and got in. I ended up sitting front row center (the theatre was general admission and people in the cancellation line were admitted about 10 minutes before show time). I was so moved, I came back the next day and di it again.. and ended up in the same seat.

broadwayboy430
#5re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 5:31pm

That's cool bg2!

What type of people would do this show do you think?
Clearly not most high schools (although Interlochen, Idylwild, and LaGuardia may attempt it). I think that many colleges would jump at the chance. Probably not the run-of-the-mill community theater.

Opinions?

broadwayguy2
#6re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 5:38pm

Like any show, demographics vary SO much. Bare really isn't that racy at all. Hell, I thought it was pretty tame, yet brutally honest and true to life. High schools do Laramie Project, among many other 'controversial' shows... Bare wouldn't be a stretch. Will it be done in the back woods of Kentucky? Probably not.. but then again, they wouldn't do much theatre there anyway, you know? (NO, I wasn't making a swipe at KT.. it was an example).

I think a few colleges could really do justice to it. Who know what will happen, but I still hold at hope that one day, we will see this on a New York stage again, but this time in a fully realized production.

broadwayboy430
#7re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 5:48pm

Amen to that!
Hopefully it will have a trip back to NY. Probably off-Broadway though, or maybe a smaller Broadway house.

I would feel bad for the first off-Broadway cast though (Hill, Arden, Johnson etc...) because they did so well with it and were shut down so quickly. When the time comes to remount it (which hopefully it will) they will be out of the range to do the show. Even John Hill was looking slightly slightly mature for high school, he pulled it off well. Maybe not so much for him and the rest later on.

broadwayguy2
#8re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 5:56pm

Yes, while good, several of them were looking a bit mature for high school. Jenna Green, regardless, and as wonderful as she is, wouldn't be playing 16 in a small house anymore.. as young and beautiful as she is.

Kaitlin Hopkins, Adam Fleming, Kearran Giovanni, and Jenna Green were the best parts of the New York production I felt, with John Hill and Natalie Johnson making strong showings as well.

broadwayboy430
#9re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 6:31pm

I am at my friend's house right now, and she's a big Bare fan. Her little sister is a total Wicked fan girl, and my friend and I were listening to All Grown Up and talking about how cool a revival would be. Her little sister was in the room with us and said, and I quote, "Yeah the girl on the SOUNDTRACK was good, but, oh my God, IDINA MENZEL would be BETTER." I was bamboozled, and my friend said, "Jessica, please leave the room."

It's sad, really.

broadwayguy2
#10re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 6:43pm

I really do not understand why people think "X would great for Y" when in fact they wouldn't.. especially when they have no clue what project is being discussed. Idina Menzel, aside from being a disgrace of a performer, would just kill it in soooo many ways.. regardless of her age.

The closest thing to Idina Menzel that should ever be on Broadway, or in Bare specifically, is Lea Michele. (Yes, I thought that BEFORE I saw her so Spring Awakening.)

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#11re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/21/07 at 8:38pm

If you live near, or in New Jersey, auditions for the first production of Bare will be coming up this week. On Wednesday and Friday.
Updated On: 4/21/07 at 08:38 PM

broadwayboy430
#12re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/22/07 at 12:54am

Shiksa...really?

Do you have any specific info, because that would be a cool experience. I imagine that audition would be packed, as opposed to the first round of obscure auditions for what was then an obscure little show.

shiksa_goddess Profile Photo
shiksa_goddess
#13re: well this is exciting.
Posted: 4/22/07 at 3:05pm

Yep. The show will probably be at the end of August for four weekends.

There is a link on the Bare myspace from the director of the show. You can email him.

Videos