pixeltracker

MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons

MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#1MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:51am

Hey,
The theater seasons have recently been anounced here in MN, and we're getting some GREAT shows. Here's the list:

Hennepin District:
-The Wedding Singer
-The Lion King(again)
-Avenue Q
-Sweeney Todd
-My Fair Lady
-Jersey Boys

Ordway:
-Chicago
-The Rocky Horror Show
-Whistle Down the Wind
-The Sound of Music
-Blues in the Night
-The Drowsy Chaperone
-Cabaret
-White Christmas

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#2re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:54am

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm definitely going to get my tickets to see Cabaret a.s.a.p. re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons

By the way, do you have a link to where you found this info? I wanted to email it to a few of my friends. Thank ya'

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

colleen_lee
#2re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:58am

Just FYI: Rocky Horror, SOM, Blues, and Cabaret are all being cast locally. The Ordway has decided to move a new direction this season.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

colleen_lee
#3re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/24/07 at 7:08am

Some of the other theaters in town also have great seasons.

Chan is opening Les Mis in June and remounting Grease at the Pantages (though with a mostly new cast, since Laura is obviously committed to something else, and much of the original cast has already been cast in Les Miserables or other projects).

Minneapolis Musical Theater presents Jerry Springer: The Opera, Summer of '42 and The Robber Bridegroom.

BCT is running A Little Night Music, Urinetown, The Fantasticks and The Pajama Game.

CTC is jam packed with a limited engagement remount of High School Musical since the original sold out so quickly, and another production of Frog and Toad (in addition to their already full season).

And of course the mountains of legit plays and original productions (not to mention endless community theater) that the Twin Cities sees every single season.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

renthead92 Profile Photo
renthead92
#4re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 7:09am

brina-doll: Your Welcome!The links for this info are:

http://www.hennepintheatredistrict.org/

http://www.ordway.org/

Colleen Lee: Thanks! I didn't know the Ordway was casting locally. Interesting. And I can't wait for Les Mis at Chanhassen!

Piercemn Profile Photo
Piercemn
#5re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:33pm

Don't forget that the Guthrie has a remarkable season, including the appearance of Ian McKellan in King Lear and The Sea Gull, and MN Opera has the American Premiere of a 300 year old German work, as well as operas by Verdi, Gonoud, Dvorak and Rossini.

NYC Visitor and Broadway Fan

chenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
#6re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:38pm

I am constantly reminded why I LOVE this city. Between the Guthrie and the touring shows, we are sooo lucky! I am also excited that the Ordway has decided to start producing again, let's hope they continue it for awhile again...I think Into the Woods was the last one they produced - right?! ANYWHOO...Hooray for a great year!!

"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#7re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:39pm

now if only Boston would announce their's

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:46pm

why is it 2006/2007? In San Diego everyone is announcing their 2007/2008 seasons...

Andergoat Profile Photo
Andergoat
#9re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:54pm

Agreed, chenofan. I'm finally at a place, work-wise, when I can rediscover all the fantastic theatre--community, professional, tours, Fringe, etc--the Twin Cities has to offer.

I let my Ordway subscription lapse, but this "new direction" sounds interesting--or, at least, the shows themselves are more interesting than what they've offered in the last few years.

Thanks for the info, all!

*brina-doll* Profile Photo
*brina-doll*
#10re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/25/07 at 4:59pm

Thank ya' renthead92, my friends and I are saving up to see Sir Ian in King Lear. I'm so stocked to see that production.

Your aspirations are your possibilities-Samuel Johnson (and a little help from nomdeplume)

colleen_lee
#11re: MN theaters announce 2006/2007 theater seasons
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:07am

Fringe is getting set to go also right now.

Over 2/3rds of the theaters participating in this year's Fringe are new to the Fringe. So this is going to be a very interesting year!!

The venue list just went up last week or so also:
Jeune Lune, Interact, Intermedia Arts, Bryant-Lake Bowl, Theater Garage, Red Eye, Playwrights' Center, Patrick's Cabaret, Pillsbury House, Mixed Blood, Bedlam, Southern, Cedar Cultural Center, and the Ritz.

For those who are interested in participating in the Fringe this year on a production side, keep your eyes peeled, a lot of shows are auditioning and hiring staff within the next few weeks.