News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper

Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#1Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/3/07 at 5:34pm

Catch a Sneak Peek of Sherie's Solo Performance Piece
Monday May 14th at 9pm
Tuesday May 15th at 8pm

Sherie has been working on her solo performance piece with Dick Scanlan (Tony Award nominated writer of Thoroughly Modern Millie). Before she becomes Ursula the Sea Witch in The Little Mermaid, come see Sherie as herself – be one of the first to get a sneak peek!

Here's what Paul Wontorek from Broadway.com said about Sherie's piece:

"Scott's act is an original and a real emotional journey that deftly turns from slyly raunchy to surprisingly touching at the drop of a hat. Without giving away too much, let me just say that this blonde bombshell's got unique style, a great story to tell and those incredible pipes that came to such good use in Aida and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Keep your eye out for this one down the road and don't you dare miss it next time!"

For more information visit
http://zippertheater.com/

Without ME its just AWESO!

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#2re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/3/07 at 5:36pm

Exciting! I'm going to Mano's show on the 14th so I'm going to try and go to this on the 15th. Depends on cash and the parents.

ashley0139
#2re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/3/07 at 6:10pm

Dear Sherie,
Could you please push back these performances back about 5 days when I will be in the city? Then I could see you. Thank you very much,
Ashley

Ugh so close!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

sh-k-Zan Profile Photo
sh-k-Zan
#3re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/11/07 at 11:53am

bumpity bump bump

Without ME its just AWESO!

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#4re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/14/07 at 3:27pm

I am going tomorrow!!

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#5re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/14/07 at 4:05pm

I am too!!! (if there's tickets at the door!) Dear God I'm excited!!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#6re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/14/07 at 4:15pm

please post the setlist when you come back! this sounds so friggin' good and i won't be able to go!

Up In Lost
#7re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/14/07 at 11:44pm

Went tonight. Sherie is amazing and the show is great. What the above review says is completely true. From witty, raunchy to touching and heartfelt in the drop of a hat. The songs are beautiful, and that voice! For sure on of my favorite 'Monday' gigs' I've been to. If you can go, for sure go. She is an amazing woman!

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#8re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/15/07 at 10:26pm

I went tonight. No set list but I have to say, it was absolutely amazing. What a talent.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

broadwaybaby086
#9re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/15/07 at 11:26pm

I agree. I don't have the appropriate words to describe it adequately, but I was very moved. And also practically vibrating with laughter. When this is presented again, it is not to be missed!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#10re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/16/07 at 12:20am

I'd like to say a bit more, but I must preface it by saying that I took a colleague of mine to the show. We had dinner plans and when I realized I had a ticket for the show and could get another I invited him. He had seen Sherie in Aida, thought she was great but didn't know much else. He told me later that he wasn't sure what to expect but knows I'm really into Broadway shows and performers so he figured he would check it out.
I cannot even begin to guess how many times (after the show) he mentioned how amazing it was. Just funny, touching and emotional and times but just really well put together. In my humble opinion, this is not a "work in progress", I can't think of one part that I didn't enjoy.
The highlights (for me) was the Mister Rodgers portion, the section where she described first coming to NYC, the section where she talked about abortion and AIDS and, of course, the YouTube portion. PRICELESS. One of my favorites was a Mister Rodgers song called "It's You I Like"...it was so simple but also so very heartfelt. I truly hope she records this show.
Also, I was surprised to see how many performers were in the audience. From not even looking hard, I saw Laura Bell Bundy, Sara Gettlefinger, Sutton Foster, Christian Borle and I'm sure there were others. A wonderful night indeed.
If it is ever presented again....run, do not walk.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#11re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/16/07 at 1:14am

I was there tonight...Sutton and Christian sat two people away from me (that was pretty freaking awesome...not gonna lie) It was BWWer's wet dream I swear. LBB, Michael Grief, Charles Busch, Sarah Gettlefinger, Joanna Gleason, Chris Sarandon, Veanne Cox, there were others that I've already forgotten. anyways...I'll go on about the concert when I have more time but needless to say, it was AMAZING! Sherie blew me away and had the audience entranced and in hysterics for the whole show. I was in pain from laughing and yet the story about her son and the clover had tears down my eyes and that last song was just beautiful. listen to everyone else: if you have the chance, RUN DON'T WALK!!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#12re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/16/07 at 1:21am

double

Updated On: 5/16/07 at 01:21 AM

danny10086 Profile Photo
danny10086
#13re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/16/07 at 6:04am

So does anyone know the song that she sang or have the set list?

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#14re: Catch Sherie Rene Scott....A Work In Progress...At the Zipper
Posted: 5/16/07 at 9:17am

Shouldn't sh-k-Zan be able to dig one up?

Videos