pixeltracker

GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007- Page 9

GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#200re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007
Posted: 5/15/07 at 9:09pm

BTW-(sorry to keep posting continuously)-Brantley liked Grey Gardens. He gave it a very strong review.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#201re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007
Posted: 5/15/07 at 9:44pm

"Gay Mafia = Isherwood, Brantley, and Holden [the latter has a huge boner for Sheik]"

Holden was equally enthusiastic about the Grey Gardens score.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#202re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007
Posted: 5/18/07 at 1:03pm

My idea. As soon as DEUCE closes, get Angela to replace Mary Louise Wilson.

Didn't Angela retire from musicals?

And isn't DEUCE her Broadway swan song?

Don't get me wrong. I'd give my left arm to see Angela play the role. Although Wilson is perfection.

I just thought this was it for her.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#203re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007
Posted: 5/19/07 at 9:19pm

In a recent NYT piece, Lansbury smartly mentioned being approached to be Mme. Armfeldt in a revivial of ALNM.

I say keep the lady working: if GG can hang on, she could replace MLW in October or whenever. If GG can tour they have to think of names to help sell the show, Lansbury could do the show in LA perhaps. Who is big enough to be Little Edie though?

I think Annette Bening could act it but could she sing it?

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

SondheimFan2
#204re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007
Posted: 5/20/07 at 10:00pm

sorry, but hated spring awakening. i'm obsessed with grey gardens. christine ebersole and mary louise wilson were fantastic. story is amazingly moving, and the orchestration is great. i'm sick of the politcal-ness of the tonys. i've been resentful ever since avenue q won best musical over wicked.