TDF Discounts?

johnsolt
#1TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/24/07 at 9:07pm

I'm a newcomer to the Broadway scene. I am debating about getting a TDF subscription. Could anyone tell me what type of discounts appear? Which shows? How much? Restrictions? I am particularly interested in Deuce, Radio Golf, Year of Magical Thinking and In the Heights.
Updated On: 5/24/07 at 09:07 PM

Bwayfan4
#2re: TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/25/07 at 4:09am

It's worth the $25 membership fee. The tickets are typically around $30, from what I've seen. (I've only used my membership once for Journey's End. The tickets were $32 and I ended up with awesome seats in the orchestra.)

The shows are posted on a list, and this list changes constantly. I know that Deuce and Radio Golf were on the list last time I looked. In the Heights might have been, but Year of Magical Thinking was not.

The only downfall is that you have no control over where you sit. (You find out the day of show) So if you are one of those people who wants to see a show if the seats are good, you will be taking chances with this....

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/25/07 at 4:13am

DEUCE and RADIO GOLF are up for every performance.

IN THE HEIGHTS is up often, though not ever day.

THE YEAR OF MAGICAL THINKING has not been on there, and probably never will be.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ItsCalledHistory
#3re: TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:38am

Remember you need to be eligible for the TDF membership --- member of a union (such as Equity) or a teacher or clergy member.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:45am

You don't have to be in a union.

You can also be a student or work in the entertainment industry, in ANY capacity.

You can also be a senior.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

yodamarie78 Profile Photo
yodamarie78
#5re: TDF Discounts?
Posted: 5/25/07 at 12:10pm

...or a staff member at a not-for-profit, or a civil service employee. re: TDF Discounts?

I second what Bwayfan said. The $25 fee is completely worth it if you're someone who is interested in seeing as many shows as possible and don't care about where you sit.

Videos