pixeltracker

does anyone else find this annoying????

does anyone else find this annoying????

Lizzya9
#1does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 9:50pm

I know it's a little late to bring this up, but I find it really irritating when people are just assuming winners of the Tonys. like, "this show WILL win", or "this person absolutely will NOT win". like, how do you know?? you're not a Tony judge. I mean it's great to make predictions but to just say it flat out as if it's a definite statement is a little annoying to me. no one except the judges knows the winners. is anyone else with me on this??

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 9:58pm

I give you credit, kid, for continuing to try.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 9:59pm

I find multiple question marks annoying.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#3re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:00pm

Really????????? Do you Lizzie?????????????????

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

jg4892
#4re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:01pm

Ha. Tony judge.

RockabyeHamlet
#5re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:05pm

Is it scary that I agree with both Lizzy(ies) sentiments?

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

RockabyeHamlet
#6re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:06pm

Double post. My apologies.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 10:06 PM

Lizzya9
#7re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:10pm

well you don't have to be rude about it. I'm just posing a question, I didn't say anything offensive...

jg4892
#8re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:10pm

I was offended.

Lizzya9
#9re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:16pm

what was offesnive? I'm just asking if people agree with me. If you don't than I don't know why you waste your time posting.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#10re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:17pm

It's not annoying to me.
This is a theatre board and people are very passionate here!
Of course noone knows for sure who the winners will be.
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 10:17 PM

misschung
#11re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:18pm

I dont know either, Lizzy.

But that is annoying - I know certain people who are usually almost always right about the Tonys. But they are few and far between, and in the business, so they have that certain frame of mind.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

wonderfulwizard11
#12re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:22pm

Threadjack, but I have a question Lizzy:

Why do you list The Little Mermaid as one of your favorite shows when it hasn't even started previews out of town?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Lizzya9
#13re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:28pm

i agree, theatre people are very passionate! = )

well I love the movie of The Little Mermaid so I'm 99.9% sure that I'll love the musical, too. I know that's a bit presumptuous to say, but I never get to go to NY so I might as well list shows that I would like to see. I've only seen a couple of the shows on my favorites.
Actually you weren't really threadjacking, it's kind of in the same topic. like, me assuming TLM will be good is like people assuming what will win at the Tonys. so I guess my statement was kind of hypocritical. but it annoys me just the same ; )

wonderfulwizard11
#14re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:29pm

Yup. It is a bit hypocritical of you.

Boq101
#15re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:43pm

Well everytime anyone says that on this board there are always people who will say otherwise, and sometimes everyone agrees that a show rules or that a show should just leave and never come back. If you want to complain then don't read, they are other people's opinions.

Now everytime you say anything about any show concerning tony award predictions I will contradict you and ask you if you are a "Tony judge" aqnd if you aren't then why would you make a comment like that.

ThankstoPhantom
#16re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:49pm

I think most people who use these definitive statements are merely going by what is most likely to happen.

In many peoples' eyes, it's safe to say Ebersole will win tomorrow night...and Esparza for that matter. You never know what will happen...but it's fairly certain based on press, exposure, et cetera.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 6/9/07 at 10:49 PM

Lizzya9
#17re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:50pm

I'm talking about on Broadway.com, they have their editor and other known critics making Tony statements. It's not necessarily just people on this board. I'm really not trying to start anything, I don't get why people are getting so defensive. I'm just asking if anyone agrees with me and to give their opnions. no personal jabs, please!

wonderfulwizard11
#18re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:53pm

Thanks, was Spam's winning I really an upset? I thought it was expected.

As you can see from my signature, I really am hoping for an upset.

jg4892
#19re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:54pm

Yeah, I thought Spam was expected as well. I'm still waiting for the tonys to revoke spam's tony and give it to Piazza, by the way.

ThankstoPhantom
#20re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:54pm

True...sorry about the inaccuracy.

I'll change that.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Yankeefan007
#21re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:57pm

You really consider Broadway.com to be an offender?

It's a random guy who bought a domain name.

Lizzya9
#22re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:58pm

what if laura bell bundy won? it'd be really interesting to see peoples' reactions. or poppins for best musical? I guess anything can happen!

wonderfulwizard11
#23re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:59pm

"what if laura bell bundy won?"

HAHA!

And Yankee, that guy also sells tickets with $20 service charges attached.

ThankstoPhantom
#24re: does anyone else find this annoying????
Posted: 6/9/07 at 10:59pm

I'm an idiot tonight...sorry.

Updated On: 6/9/07 at 10:59 PM

Videos