Off-Broadway Suggestions?

curly120
#1Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:28pm

There's no board for Off-Broadway, but I hope I'm not clogging the Broadway board with this thread...if so, please delete it!

I've seen pretty much everything on Broadway except for a few shows that I don't want to see, and I'm looking for a few other NYC shows for this coming weekend. People on the board mostly mention Broadway, so I was wondering if anyone can suggest any other shows not on Bway to see. The only Off-Bway I've seen so far are In the Heights and 10 Million Miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

broadwayguy2
#2re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:33pm

Public Theatre's Shakespeare in the Park productions! best of all, they are FREE!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#2re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:39pm

Passing Strange...even though I believe this weekend is its closing weekend

Although I've yet to see it, I've heard good things about Eurydice at Second Stage. I really would like to see it.

Have you seen Altar Boyz yet? It's so fun and so good!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BDavis0092
#3re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:41pm

The new Forbidden Broadway. It's only got a limited run I believe so see it while you can.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

broadwayguy2
#4re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:42pm

I read about this production of Eurydice a while back in American Theatre as part of their creative spotlight section... looked GREAT. Glad its playing here now and I hope to catch that as well. The water effects look amazing from what I have seen!
Updated On: 6/25/07 at 11:42 PM

curly120
#5re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:50pm

Yay! Thank you so much! I'll definately be adding those shows to my list...now I just need 1 more!

broadwayguy2
#6re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/25/07 at 11:53pm

There is also the revival of The Fantasticks playing at the Snapple Theatre center It is a virtual restaging of the longest running show/production in the world (regarless of what Cam-Mac claims).....

curly120
#7re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 12:28am

I haven't been able to find any, but are there any discounts for Eurydice? The broadwaybox code has expired and I don't see any rush policies on TalkingBroadway...

Again, thank you so much for all of your help. I now have lots of fun shows to see and I'm incredibly excited!

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#8re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 12:33am

I know it's been on TDF, which you can't take advantage of if you're not a member.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

stevenycguy
#9re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 12:42am

I highly recommend Gaslight (irishrep.org) with its lavish set design and the star power of Brian Murray. One of my favorites of 2007.

siny
#10re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 1:05am

Yes, I recommend Fantasticks too ! Phenomenal cast, including Tom Jones himself. He is so funny !

You can get tickets for all performances for $39 at Broadwaybox.com
Updated On: 6/26/07 at 01:05 AM

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#11re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 1:09am

Eurydice is very overrated. Notice that everyone who recommended it, has yet to see it. The production is not all its cracked up to be. And yes, I have seen it.

"Have they come yet?"

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#12re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
Posted: 6/26/07 at 1:09am

In The Heights.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Videos