News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for curly120

Member Name: curly120
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chorus Line 8/25 2pm OUCH
 Aug 27 2007, 12:36:39 AM
Again, I'm sorry if I came off as rude. I was really just curious. I couldn't do what she does for even two seconds. To be an actor on Broadway (or anywhere for that matter) is incredibly hard I'm sure!!! I just haven't heard of too many actors who have a schedule like hers.

See to me, what I loved about the show was that it was really an equal playing field. Again, this was my first time seeing the show. When I walked out of the show, I didn't even realize that there were leads.

re: Chorus Line 8/25 2pm OUCH
 Aug 26 2007, 11:35:50 PM
I was also at this performance (my first time seeing the show). The small audience was very sad, especially because you could see the empty mezz. from the orchestra because of the mirrors on stage.

The best part for me was definately Bryan Knowlton's monologue. Mostly because there were several strangers sitting around me that got very very emotional. It's so wonderful when writers/actors have such an affect on people.

My main question...why does Charlotte d'Amboise have so

re: Eurydice rush
 Aug 24 2007, 09:52:04 AM
Wait, is this youth advance thing available for other shows as well? Off-broadway is more expensive for me than Broadway right now...
Does Off-Broadway have rush policies?
 Aug 17 2007, 03:12:08 AM
I did a search and couldn't find an answer. I know there are some discount codes around, but do off-broadway shows offer standard rush options? Without them, off-broadway shows are actually costing me much more than Broadway shows...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

re: Marc Shaiman to compose Ugly Betty Musical episode!
 Aug 15 2007, 06:07:09 PM
Haha, Anakela, that was amazing! And it seriously was the best episode ever!

This show is constantly bringing Broadway into mainstream television and it's so great! Have these actors done any previous work that required singing? Just curious...

re: Across the Universe
 Aug 12 2007, 06:19:05 PM
I've seen the trailer many many times in the theater and never realized that it was a musical until I read it in this thread. Weird...
re: Break a Leg Nick Spangler!
 Aug 12 2007, 06:16:41 PM
I saw this show for the first time last month and was crying because I was laughing so hard! The whole time, I wanted Nick Spangler to burst into song. It was so painful to see a performer in a musical but not be able to hear him sing! I can't wait to see it again very soon!

Does anyone know if there are any discount codes around for it now?

re: Hairspray lotto since movie?
 Aug 3 2007, 04:05:01 PM
Wow! What a change! I saw the show several times last summer and the lottery was always so empty that they never even had to go through the whole process. We just lined up and EVERY person there got the tickets. I'm glad the shows doing better!!
re: Becky Gulsvig on today in LB as Elle!
 Jul 29 2007, 06:20:46 PM
Yay for Becky! She was so great as Amber every time I saw her. It was weird seeing her in such a small role in LB after her larger role in Hairspray. I hope someone goes and writes a review for us!
re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
 Jul 23 2007, 05:50:57 PM
Since you're seeing so many other shows, see FB!!! I saw it after seeing almost everything on Broadway and I was crying through the whole thing because I was laughing so hard! However, I felt that it wouldn't be that funny for those who haven't seen any of the actual shows (like the tourists I was sitting next to, who actually loved the show though...). If I hadn't seen the shows, I really don't think I would have understood the jokes. Am I totally off-base here?
re: The people who fill the cheap seats over, and over, and over...
 Jun 27 2007, 07:40:22 PM
orangeskittles...I was thinking the same thing!
Question about Readings
 Jun 26 2007, 12:23:58 PM
Lately, there have been several news pieces about readings. Are readings open to the general public, or are they only open to people professionally involved in theater/entertainment/etc? And what exactly is the purpose of a reading?
re: Xanadu RUSH Tix???
 Jun 26 2007, 11:23:42 AM
Thank you so much for all of the info...greatly appreciated!
re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
 Jun 26 2007, 12:28:03 AM
I haven't been able to find any, but are there any discounts for Eurydice? The broadwaybox code has expired and I don't see any rush policies on TalkingBroadway...

Again, thank you so much for all of your help. I now have lots of fun shows to see and I'm incredibly excited!

Jun 25 2007, 11:59:01 PM
Haha, I actually laughed out loud reading your post! I'm a good 50-60 years younger than the Jewish grandparents, but I think I'd fit nicely into that crowd dancing-wise!

So if I show up late enough to rush, I might have a chance at not sitting on stage? Sorry for so many questions, but is there an actual line for rush or is it not too popular yet?

re: Off-Broadway Suggestions?
 Jun 25 2007, 11:50:25 PM
Yay! Thank you so much! I'll definately be adding those shows to my list...now I just need 1 more!
Off-Broadway Suggestions?
 Jun 25 2007, 11:28:01 PM
There's no board for Off-Broadway, but I hope I'm not clogging the Broadway board with this thread...if so, please delete it!

I've seen pretty much everything on Broadway except for a few shows that I don't want to see, and I'm looking for a few other NYC shows for this coming weekend. People on the board mostly mention Broadway, so I was wondering if anyone can suggest any other shows not on Bway to see. The only Off-Bway I've seen so far are In the Heights and 10 Million Miles.
 Jun 25 2007, 11:15:40 PM
Is this dancing thing mandatory? I think that would freak me out and I'm planning on doing student rush for the show! Any details without giving spoilers? Thanks!
re: Forbidden Broadway: Roast of Utopia Review
 Jun 24 2007, 10:33:16 PM
I hope it's okay to ask in this thread...

I'm hoping to see this show this coming Sunday and I was wondering if they offer student rush? It's not listed on TalkinBroadway but I thought maybe it's just not advertised?

re: My First Time
 Jun 22 2007, 07:37:01 PM
Such a good idea for a show! The site is really great...I especially loved the jaywalking-ish video that's posted with ordinary people they found on the street. Really funny!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You