A My Name Will Always Be Alice

B-Way4Life
#1A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:11am

Does anybody know anything about this show? History? Synopsis?

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#2re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:19am

I know it played in Sacramento a few years back. My mom saw it, and said it was a touching comedy about women and the things they go through in life.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#2re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 12:28am

I have seen way too many duet and duo cuttings of this for forensics. Love the piece. Hate seeing it at this point, though.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#3re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 1:18am

Do you mean "A...My Name is Still Alice"?

If so, it was done at Second Stage during their 1992-1993 season. It was directed by Julianne Boyd and Joan Micklin Silver, choreographed by Hope Clarke, with musical direction and arrangement by Ian Herman.

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

MickeyCT
#4re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 1:22am

"A ... My Name Will Always Be Alice" is a combination of the 1984's "A ... My Name Is Alice" and its 1992 sequel "A ... My Name Is Still Alice." I'm most familiar with the original, but "Will Always Be..." is (was?) available on CD.

"It's smarter to be lucky than it's lucky to be smart."

mustard
#5re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:03am

"I know it played in Sacramento a few years back."

At the Studio Theatre! I loved the show, some of my good friends were in it. It doesn't have cohesive story, it's scenes and snippets with a sort of a "woman" theme tying it all together. It was really funny, but that might have been partly the quality of the actresses they had. It could be schmaltzy if not done well.

general review from Sacramento

mustard
#5re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
Posted: 7/3/07 at 3:05am

"I know it played in Sacramento a few years back."

At the Studio Theatre! I loved the show, some of my good friends were in it. It doesn't have cohesive story, it's scenes and snippets with a sort of a "woman" theme tying it all together. It was really funny, but that might have been partly the quality of the actresses they had. It could be schmaltzy if not done well.

general review from Sacramento

Videos