News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mustard

mustard Profile Photo
Member Name: mustard
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Annie Movie Colossal Blunder
 Sep 27 2013, 08:34:18 PM
What's going on with his suit lapels? Is this a thing now? Billionaires popping their suit collars?
re: Who did you see before they were famous??
 Aug 27 2007, 02:51:50 PM
I saw Molly Ringwald as the Dormouse in a community Alice production I went to for my 6th birthday.

I've been in a couple shows with Mara & Melody Davi, and their mom. I've also done shows with Jenifer Foote (she's in DRS). Love them all.

Kate Levering was also from the area so I saw her in stuff (but never worked with her).

I worked sound at a regional theater about 12 years ago and lots of people came there:

Susan Egan (pre BATB)
Rachel de Benedet
C

re: Michael Ball as Edna PICTURE!!!!
 Aug 22 2007, 02:57:11 PM
Oh, isn't he lovely. I love all the costumes so far!
re: Alice Workshop
 Jul 22 2007, 09:30:14 AM
Please, PLEASE, not Chloe. Isn't everyone OVER that name yet?
re: CAMP - It Could Be the Next RENT!
 Jul 21 2007, 11:00:48 AM
I enjoyed the movie, but the acting and script were pretty brutal. I rewatch it only for the musical numbers (esp. Century Tree) and a couple of the younger side players (the little blond boy and the little dark haired girl, Brittany is her name I think). They're too cute, but the rest is dismal, ESPECIALLY the adult acting.

Oh wait... the MAIN reason I rewatch this thing? That HILARIOUS piano player, who is bobbing his head and grinning in the corner of nearly every scene. I can w

re: New Curtains/Drowsy Chaperone ad campaigns
 Jul 3 2007, 12:11:49 PM
I see, I guess the Drowsy one didn't look like anyone in particular to me because it's too small. I'll try to check out a bigger version. It IS really cute.
re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
 Jul 3 2007, 03:05:51 AM
"I know it played in Sacramento a few years back."

At the Studio Theatre! I loved the show, some of my good friends were in it. It doesn't have cohesive story, it's scenes and snippets with a sort of a "woman" theme tying it all together. It was really funny, but that might have been partly the quality of the actresses they had. It could be schmaltzy if not done well.

re: A My Name Will Always Be Alice
 Jul 3 2007, 03:03:17 AM
"I know it played in Sacramento a few years back."

At the Studio Theatre! I loved the show, some of my good friends were in it. It doesn't have cohesive story, it's scenes and snippets with a sort of a "woman" theme tying it all together. It was really funny, but that might have been partly the quality of the actresses they had. It could be schmaltzy if not done well.

Jul 3 2007, 02:52:50 AM
I think it's just a drawing. The body isn't right, the eyebrows are arched too high, the mouth doesn't look right, but the face shape is a match. It's possible the artist used a pic of her as a basis for it, but I don't think she posed for it.

I could be wrong. It's not like I'm going to ask her.

Jul 2 2007, 01:29:27 AM
It's hard to tell because of the size, but it doesn't look like her to me. I think it's just an artist's rendering.
re: Funny female/female duets
 Jul 1 2007, 11:33:26 AM
THere's always Class from Chicago.
re: From 'Maggie' to 'Janet': How Will Mara Davi Do It?
 Jun 24 2007, 08:31:30 AM
Well.

She likely has the script and the music in her hands already and has already memorized them.

Search Google, she has an interview in a Colorado newspaper where she says she is hoping to get at least a week or two of rehearsal.

It's not TOO hard to drop into a show within a week, although it is a little disconcerting. She'll be fine.

re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jun 23 2007, 08:21:44 PM
Everyone looks airbrushed to me, for example these people:

And what about all those people creaming over Ashley and Austin in the silly Grease competition? To me, that would have been a travesty. They did NOT look like Danny and Sandy to me, they looked plastic. And now everyone is bitching that Max isn't pretty enough... yeah maybe for a tv Danny but I think he'll look great onstage.

Just my opinion. I don't think everyone has to be "hot." I don't like that, it's weird. But these days I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I'm not saying to cast against type, I just don't think they should take someone slightly less talented in exchange for slightly better looks.

re: Size? Age? Beauty? Should it make a casting difference?
 Jun 23 2007, 01:16:05 PM
I don't know, I get bored when I see too many pretty, airbrushed looking people. Nothing wrong with a balding leading man in my eyes. Sometimes it's more endearing.

Then again, I have a things for nerdier types.

Obviously, the person has to fit in well with the rest of the cast so it's not jarring, but I don't think people onstage have to be perfect and have perfect teeth, skin, etc. Movies, yeah. I don't want to see that **** on the big screen, but live actors can charm m

re: Is Tony Yazbeck leaving A Chorus Line?
 Jun 21 2007, 10:41:46 AM
I hope Chryssie does well in LA. She has a magical face.

God, I sound like such a fangirl.

re: Is Tony Yazbeck leaving A Chorus Line?
 Jun 20 2007, 01:19:55 PM
and I MUST know what Chryssie Whitehead will be doing. I lurve her.
re: Food in the Theatre
 May 28 2007, 01:39:52 PM
I always thought that food bought in the lobby was to be consumed in the lobby only. You can't bring it IN (in my world, anyway).
re: What's Your Favorite Block of 3 Consecutive Songs on a Cast Recording?
 May 28 2007, 01:36:14 PM
Here are a few, I'll probably think of more later.

Pippin: Morning Glow/On the Right Track/Kind of Woman (and to cheat into 4) Extraordinary

Man of La Mancha: It's All the Same/Dulcinea/I'm Only Thinking of Him

Aspects of Love: Falling/Hand Me the Wine and the Dice/Anything But Lonely

re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical
 Apr 20 2007, 09:38:10 PM
I sure hope so.
re: Favorite moment in a Movie Musical
 Apr 20 2007, 08:09:21 PM
(even the guy in the back who can't dance... he cracks me up)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You