pixeltracker

Fantasia / Color Purple question

Fantasia / Color Purple question

Shirley Hemphill Profile Photo
Shirley Hemphill
#1Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 8:53am

what's the best way to find out how long Fantasia is scheduled to perform in The Color Purple?

Also, does anyone know how often she's out (or when it's most/least likely for her to be out)?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#2re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:00am

Don't know about how long she'll be there, but I've heard that she almost never misses a performance.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#2re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:01am

Currently, her last show is SCHEDULED to be 9/2, but that could change--- Her attendance is VERY good.

Hope this helps ya !

Shirley Hemphill Profile Photo
Shirley Hemphill
#3re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:10am

thanks so much! Getting tix for my mom & trying to decide if i should join her - saw the show with Lachanze, but would love to see Fantasia...

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#4re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:13am

Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

TooWicked
#5re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/11/07 at 9:21am

The Color Purple announced this week that Fantasia has extended her contract. Right now the Box Office is saying she will be there through the end of December, but no specific date about the last show.

jimnysf
#6re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/12/07 at 4:47am

I hear that she went to the Tony Awards recently and skipped a show.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#7re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/12/07 at 12:50pm

Through Jan. 6, 2008
Fantasia Extends Stay in `Color Purple' Updated On: 7/12/07 at 12:50 PM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#8re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 7/12/07 at 12:59pm

Despite my personal opinion of her performance, she has a great attendance record.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#9re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 4/16/10 at 6:46pm

I'm sorry I bumped this...but the theatre ettiquite here...makes me sick. Opinions?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#10re: Fantasia / Color Purple question
Posted: 4/16/10 at 6:51pm

I'm Here

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Videos