pixeltracker

Seeing Shows Multiple Times- Page 5

Seeing Shows Multiple Times

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#100re: Seeing Shows Multiple Times
Posted: 8/8/07 at 12:08pm

Anyone here remember Joel, the guy who saw RENT hundreds of times? Last I heard he was in the 700's before he moved to CA. Now that's insanity. I'm sure at first he saw it over & over because he loved the show, but there had to have been a point where it just became about the "status" or novelty of seeing it that many times.

I've seen RENT about 45 times over the last 9 years, most of those times being from 1998-2002. I know that's a lot, but the show was very important to me for those years. I'm not nearly as into it as I once was, but I do still revisit it every so often if there is a cast member I'd like to see.

There are many other shows I've seen more than once as well; if I like something a lot I want to see it again. In recent years (since I moved to the city, ironically) my multiple viewings have tapered off, mainly because I no longer have the time or the money. If I had more of both I would see a lot more shows, and probably see my favorites multiple times.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#101re: Seeing Shows Multiple Times
Posted: 8/8/07 at 12:12pm

Joel is now way past 700. I know that he was at 1100 on the 11th anniversary so I can't imagine where he is now.

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#102re: Seeing Shows Multiple Times
Posted: 8/8/07 at 1:39pm

That makes my 6-soon-to-be-7 times look pretty weak. Hah. Though out of anyone in the last show I did, I had seen one show the most times. (I think the next-most was Wicked at 5, which I thought was sad.)

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

babygiraffeboots Profile Photo
babygiraffeboots
#103re: Seeing Shows Multiple Times
Posted: 8/8/07 at 4:03pm

Todd is a dear friend of mine and I think it is horrible that so many of you would attack someone you don't know anything about. Let alone devote an entire thread to it. There is nothing wrong with people seeing shows multiple times, if a piece of theatre touches you that much or can uplift you that much why not keep going back. My friends and I go see theatre as much as we can and it's a lot better than spending our time on other activities that a lot of teenagers do.

I've seen rent 11 times in 4 years (which I took to seeing because of similar issues that brought Todd to legally blonde), and have seen drowsy, spelling bee, wicked, sweeney todd, a chorus line, and legally blonde twice.

Also, he rarely stagedoor's lb and does not stalk the castmembers.

"Without Jews, fags, and gypsies, there is no theatre!" ~Mel Brooks, To be or not to be
Updated On: 8/8/07 at 04:03 PM

Videos