pixeltracker

Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!- Page 3

Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!

broadwaybaby086
#50re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:56am

Rushing in the morning!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

jaimiecheno Profile Photo
jaimiecheno
#51re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:59am

let us know how rush goes, broadwaybaby...i'm rushing friday morning. :)

Subtle...but sassy! www.the8thavenueobserver.com

broadwaybaby086
#52re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:08am

Will do!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#53re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:25am

I saw Grey Gardens for the first time this afternoon. I don't know what to say...I really ,really loved it. I wish I would have seen the show earlier in its run as opposed to its final days but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless :)

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#54re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:27am

I saw Grey Gardens for the first time this afternoon. I don't know what to say...I really ,really loved it. I wish I would have seen the show earlier in its run as opposed to its final days but I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless :)

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

broadwaybaby086
#55re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:43am

Well. Rush was okay; got there at 8 and was second in line, probably about 20-30 people in line, unsure if they were all students.

Bad news. I asked, just to make sure, if there would be standing room available on Sunday, and the box office woman at first said yes, and then shook her head no and said that she didn't think so. I am hoping that since I could barely hear her, that she misunderstood my question and thought I was asking about student rush, but it looks like those of us without tickets may be out of luck. I'm going to ask again this evening, just to make sure. Has anyone else heard anything regarding SRO? Or of any tickets opening up?

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#56re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 10:55am

I knew Mary Louise Wilson was leaving, but didn't know it was closing until I saw the NT Times online this morning. I really enjoyed the show when I saw it in Febrary. Oh well, another footnote to musical history!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

micr0mini
#57re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 1:33pm

That's bizarre because on Tuesday, when I was at the box office, they made it sound like they had absolutely nothing but a few full price tickets for today's show and that student rush and balcony seats would not be available for the week. I feel like they're sending out a lot of mixed messages, but oh well.

I have full price tickets for tonight's show because I'm afraid I'll have no way to get tickets for the last performance.

Broadwaybaby, I'm assuming you ended up getting rush tix...I'm also very interested to hear what the box office says when you ask again because I would sell my unborn children to be there on Sunday. (Don't quote me on that)

jaimiecheno
#58re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 2:37pm

broadwaybaby--where were the rush seats? The usual front row on the sides? Or back a bit?

I'm going to ask about standing room tomorrow as well. I'll be crushed if I'm not at the last show, but being a student only allows for so much money to be spent. re: Wow!  GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#59re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 3:49pm

Also, if anyone goes, please snoop around in terms of a national tour. Ask the cast perhaps?

broadwaybaby086
#60re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:30pm

My seat is front row, house left (which is kind of sucky because a lot of the action is on house right, but I can't complain too much).
Yes, it was student rush. They had said subject to availability, but I agree with the mixed messages. And a few days ago, standing room was a go so I don't know what's going on. I'll report back tonight about what the next box office employee has to say about it.

If I can't get in...I'm not going to waste a day sitting outside of the theatre for a cancellation ticket. I guess I'll displace my sadness onto Gypsy or something else. *sigh*

jaimiecheno
#61re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:54pm

thanks for all the info, broadwaybaby. Do you think getting there at 8:30 tomorrow would be ok?

Let's keep our fingers crossed for standing room. :)

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#62re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:57pm

Wow, I just got back from being out of town for like two weeks, and I now remembered that it was closing. Grey Gardens will truly be missed.

Lm4dham05
#62re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:57pm

so bummed its closing...i finally got the chance to see it last Thursday and i thought it was amazing. I wish i could see it again before it closes...but its not looking too good

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#66re: Wow! GREY GARDENS is finally closing this weekend!
Posted: 7/27/07 at 8:43am

BrodyFosse123, apparently.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Videos