pixeltracker

Concert of new Broadway-bound composer's work...

Concert of new Broadway-bound composer's work...

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#1Concert of new Broadway-bound composer's work...
Posted: 7/27/07 at 7:28pm

Mostly for Seattleites, but I'm sure more of you will be interested in this. If you can make it come support! It's AMAZING music and FANTASTIC Seattle performers...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=19800

THE SONGS OF DAVID A. AUSTIN
Saturday, July 28 at 8pm
Ethnic Cultural Theatre
3940 Brooklyn Ave NE in the U District (Seattle)
Only $10! www.brownpapertickets.com or at the door

David A. Austin is a composer-lyricist-librettist-performer who recently relocated from Seattle to New York. He is a member of the BMI Workshop in New York, and his upcoming musical Writing Arthur is taking steps towards Broadway produced by producers of Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde and The Drowsy Chaperone.

Over the past year, Austin has been working with Jennifer Maloney, a Tony Award winning producer of Spring Awakening, as well as Legally Blonde and Chita Rivera, A Dancer's Life, and Roy Miller, the Tony Award nominated producer of The Drowsy Chaperone. Cast members have ranged from Sutton Foster to Ana Gasteyer to Nancy Opel and Stephen DeRosa as the show has been through two workshops in New York, through TheatreWorks Palo Alto. He is a proud member of the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Writer's workshop. Along with Writing Arthur, he is also writing the music and lyrics to: Lila with esteemed playwrights Russ Weatherford and Carolyn Graupner Kennedy. Albums of his musicals include: Every Little Vow and A Christmas Carol, which were produced by TMCWorks and are available in stores, online and through TMCWorks.org.

The show features NICK DESANTIS, BRANDON IVIE, RYAH NIXON, KAT RAMSBURG and JESSICA SKERRITT with music direction by R.J. TANCIOCO.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...
Updated On: 7/27/07 at 07:28 PM

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#2re: Concert of new Broadway-bound composer's work...
Posted: 7/28/07 at 12:29am

I just have to say, I've heard some of his work, and it's breathtaking...

I hope he does more in NYC soon!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

Videos