Kelli O'hara

Jon
#2re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 7:21am

She's playing Nellie in SOUTH PACIFIC at Lincoln Center.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#3re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 11:01am

SERIOUSLY?!
i've been saying since square one that she should be nellie. she is perfect, that is so exciting!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#4re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 11:12am

This is a rumor, it hasn't been officially announced.

bertandrew2 Profile Photo
bertandrew2
#5re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 1:46pm

From playbill.com....
Lincoln Center Theater Announces Dates for South Pacific
By Adam Hetrick
10 Jul 2007

Lincoln Center Theater has announced dates for the upcoming Broadway revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein's South Pacific.

Bartlett Sher, a Tony nominee for his direction of The Light in the Piazza, will direct the production at the Vivian Beaumont Theater, which will run Feb. 28–June 15, 2008.

The Lincoln Center Theater production of South Pacific marks the Tony and Pulitzer winning musical's first Broadway revival since its 1949 debut.

Based on James Michener's collection of short stories "Tales of the South Pacific," the musical focuses on a French planter, Emile de Becque and his love interest, Nellie Forbush, a naïve young nurse from Arkansas. Set against the backdrop of the Second World War, South Pacific offers a lushly romantic score while challenging audiences with themes of racial intolerance and bigotry.

The Rodgers and Hammerstein score includes numerous American songbook classics, including "Some Enchanted Evening," "Wonderful Guy," "Younger Than Springtime," "Happy Talk," Bali H'ai" and "There Is Nothing Like a Dame." The original production featured Mary Martin and Ezio Pinza.

Casting for the Broadway revival has yet to be announced.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 4:56pm

I meant Kelli hasn't been announced as being part of the cast. I know the show was officially announced in early July.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#8re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 7:59pm

Ah thanks melody. Yes I agree with you in that I hope Kelli is officially cast as Nellie. She would be fierce.

MungoGypsy8232
#9re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/4/07 at 11:40pm

out of curiousity, does anyone know when opening night is?

FranzRelax
#11re: Kelli O'hara
Posted: 8/5/07 at 4:46pm

It will probably extend past June 15. Unless the Beaumont is booked after South Pacific? Look how long Piazza kept extending.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

Videos