News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramaqueen2

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
Member Name: dramaqueen2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who could play the GRINCH in NYC?
 Jul 30 2014, 09:42:25 AM
Good call! I've seen him play it before and he is just wonderful in this role - I think he is part Grinch! I thought he was doing the National Tour again this year though...
Who could play the GRINCH in NYC?
 Jul 29 2014, 12:40:31 PM
Saw last week that they announced that How the Grinch Stole Christmas is coming back this season to the Theater @ Madison Square Garden!

Was discussing with some of my industry pals who they think could play the Grinch this year, realistically. It was Patrick Page for the first few Broadway runs and then was played by Jeff McCarthy in the 2012 MSG run, but would love to hear other people's opinions on the casting of the "mean one" himself! All opinions (Actors of Broadway, TV, film, etc

very strict audition requirements
 Aug 25 2008, 07:33:45 PM
Hello all,

A friend of mine is auditioning for her college show and her audition requirements are extremely specific and both of us are having a hard time picking songs for her to sing,

I was hoping and assuming someone would be able to help!

Any information is greatly appreciated! :)

here are the requirements:

the kander/ebb score stylized the sound and subject matter of specifically adult nightclub entertainment from before world war 2.  auditioners should therefore be prepared to sing 32 bars of an up tempo song and 16-32 bars from any revue, cabaret, or musical comedy written between 1920-1939.  these should be presented in show or cabaret style only, not jazz versions.  no "cabaret", "chicago", "42nd street" or other such modern/retro musical numbers will be heard. 
suggestions: 
george gershwin (d. 1937)
Jerome kern (last work completed 1939)
rogers and hart before "Pal Joey"
De Silva, Brown, Henderson
Harold Arlen
Irving Berlin
Hoagy Carmichael
Cole Porter
Arthur Schwartz
Harry Warren
Kurt Weill (translation optional)
Vincent Youmans

HELP AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?
 Jun 16 2008, 11:16:51 AM
best: south pacific and in the heights

worst: the little mermaid. that one was ****e. i feel sort of bad. i was not a fan of sierra's voice in the least.

re: Tonight's GYPSY Performance..
 Jun 16 2008, 10:24:29 AM
of course they would do everything's coming up roses..

i would've liked to see more laura in that performance! after all, she was nominated too! (and a winner..)

re: Best Dressed at the Tonys?
 Jun 16 2008, 10:22:43 AM
laura benanti, absolutely!

brooke sheilds look great as well.

marissa tomei's dress was cute, it looked a lot like a prom dress. but i guess any of those dresses could have been.

and of course, the always lovely kelli o'!

but laura's dress was definitely my favorite.

re: children of eden on broadway?
 Jun 16 2008, 12:15:49 AM
i sort of agree with schwartz, it shouldn't be scaled down, i think it would lessen the impact of the show.

hey idina, there is life outside of the tony's!

anyway, thank you!

edit: and thanks, i will check the fan sites!

re: Rent cast on the Tonys!
 Jun 16 2008, 12:11:40 AM
i agree, i was slightly disappointed.
the OBC should have been the ones to do la vie boheme.
the current cast seemed out of place.. i honestly don't think they were what the hype was about, haha.

but, i always am a fan of the OBC coming together, it's nice to see.

children of eden on broadway?
 Jun 16 2008, 12:02:37 AM
there has been speculation, and i just wanted any kind of confirmation or anything. i'm going to school in new york in the fall and i'm curious.

i was also just in a production of eden, and i fell in love with the show and would LOVE to see what is done with it on broadway.

any information will be helpful!

yes, i did search and did not find the information i was looking for.

thanks a lot and happy tony night!

re: Should I see Gypsy?
 Mar 6 2008, 11:31:38 AM
i saw this production this summer at the city center. some people hated it but i enjoyed it. patti played a great mama rose and laura benati got better as the show went.
it's worth seeing i think, i know this is her dream role so it's always good to see an actor in the role they've always wanted to play to see how they stack up.
i enjoyed it!

re: Thoughts on SOUTH PACIFIC
 Mar 6 2008, 11:29:18 AM
i did this show in high school... was not a fan of it then.. and still not now. the songs are gorgeous, but truly the only reason i would see this show is to see kellie o'hara as nellie.
re: Ideal shows for a seventeen year old?
 Aug 11 2007, 11:53:22 PM
in this order:
spring awakening [whatever you do, you must see this!!]
a chorus line
rent
wicked
hairspray

and do you like plays? i'm 17 and i do and there are quite a few great ones out right now.

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 11 2007, 11:46:21 PM
saw them both this afternoon..
they blew my mind. they haven't aged a day first of all, and i truly believe even after all these years, they've still got it. the vocals were top-notch, and the harmonies were perfect. theire chemistry was better than ever (and rightfully so, after all these years so friendship!) i could just feel like energy and passion pouring out of them. it was so much better for me this time, i saw it for the first time many years ago when i didn't exactly know the OBC co

re: best opening lyric
 Aug 9 2007, 06:56:44 PM
"come along and listent to the lullaby of broadway.." 42nd street

"every story, tale or memoir every saga or romance whether true or fabricated, whether planned or happenstance" aida

"we all lead such elaborate lives, wild ambitions in our sights" aida

"there's no business like show business like no business i know" annie get your gun

"times have changed and we've often rewound the clock" anything goes

"there's been a change in me, a kind of moving on

re: Awful Musical Ideas
 Aug 9 2007, 06:36:41 PM
Legally Blonde: the musical!

.. oh wait a second!

Bring it on: the cheertastic musical!

re: Re: Lea Michele
 Aug 9 2007, 06:32:09 PM
i thought SJB was on the tour at one point?
and shoshana is definitely my favorite elphaba.

re: Is Joe Mantello Biting Off More Than He Can Chew?
 Aug 9 2007, 06:30:28 PM
"Except for ASSASSINS, all of those shows received mediocre to poor reviews."

yes, but reviewers aren't the ones who matter most. it's the general public, the ones who are buying the tickets, sometimes more than once.
there are a million shows who got poor reviews but ended up doing well in the box office anyway.

re: West Side Story revival casting?
 Aug 9 2007, 06:26:46 PM
someone did say johnathan groff.. he would be amazing. perfect fit i think. all he has to do is dye his hair a bit darker and use some bronzer, if anything. [that is if we're going with the original ethnicities]

regardless, i am so excited to this show performed, it is my all time favorite.

re: West Side Story revival casting?
 Aug 4 2007, 11:18:48 AM
i think.. ahh i forget her name.. she played diana..
natalie cortez i think it was. she would be good for anita, i mean clearly she can dance since she was in a chorus line. she has a good voice for the role too, but she probably isn't a big enough name.

re: Kelli O'hara
 Aug 4 2007, 11:01:55 AM
SERIOUSLY?!
i've been saying since square one that she should be nellie. she is perfect, that is so exciting!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You