pixeltracker

Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)

Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)

smartguy123456
#1Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 2:20pm

I need some help regarding seating for some shows that I am considering buying tickets to. As with most people I am trying to save money so I am trying to get seats in the mezzanine or balcony sections, and I am worried about waiting until we get there to see if they have discounted tickets on TKTS. We are coming to NYC dec. 13-16th and the shows we have found tickets to are: Mary Poppins, The Color Purple, Curtains, and The Little Mermaid. I was wondering what the mezzanine seats or balcony seats were like for these shows? I have tried to find information online but can't seem to get any answers. The reason that I would really appreciate some help is because we got side mezz. seating for Chicago (didn't really know how the theater was set up) and we were only able to see about half of the show! I was very disappointed and I am taking my mom to NYC so I want to make sure that our seats are decent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Puppetguy Profile Photo
Puppetguy
#2re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 3:57pm

Hi Smartguy. Here ya go...

Mary Poppins:
http://disney.go.com/theatre/marypoppins/
(Click "tickets & showtimes" & then "seating plan")

The Little Mermaid: http://disney.go.com/theatre/thelittlemermaid/index.html#tickets_seatingmap

Curtains:
re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)

Color Purple:

Mary Poppins

Puppetguy Profile Photo
Puppetguy
#2re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 3:59pm

Hmmm... I'll try that again... cut and paste....

The Color Purple:

Curtains:

Puppetguy Profile Photo
Puppetguy
#3re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 4:01pm

don't know why those links are not working... for Curtains and The Color Purple, go to the show page on Telecharge.com and click on Seating Chart...

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#4re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 4:02pm

I sat in the right Mezz row D? I think for Curtains over the summer and the seats were great. I used a discount code so the ticket only cost about $60 plus the charges

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

Broadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
#5re: Seating Help for Broadway Shows (Mezzanine and Balcony)
Posted: 10/27/07 at 5:11pm

There is a book called "seats" and it shows the seating charts for all theaters. When you order tickets, make sure you asked about a blocked view. The book is sold in any of the Broadway theater stores. First row mezzanine usually is over the tenth row orchestra seats so they are pretty good.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Updated On: 10/27/07 at 05:11 PM

Videos