pixeltracker

Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING- Page 3

Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING

Fantabulous428 Profile Photo
Fantabulous428
#50re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/26/07 at 9:12pm

Thought those in attendance would like to know...

from Variety:

Making up a portion of the shortfall, the cast of the Broadway revival of Harold Pinter's "The Homecoming," which was scheduled to begin previews Nov. 23, staged a free benefit rehearsal Sunday, during which close to $4,200 in donations for BC/EFA was collected.

It's certainly better than nothing re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING

I recognize the addiction to being alive.

misschung
#51re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/26/07 at 10:04pm

good for them! (and us, for supporting re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#52re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/26/07 at 10:06pm

Woohoo! That's great!!

And as soon as the grant money that is supposed to come to me (Americorps...the people in the alternative certification office just have to explain to the registrar's office what to do) I can make a bigger donation than I was able to last night. Though I did what I could.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#53re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/26/07 at 11:49pm

I'm not really sure its right just yet to start judging their performances based on last night. As an actor, I know its quite a tricky experience getting the show on its feet in front of an audience for the first time, because live theatre truly is a conversation... and hearing the other side of that conversation for the first time can throw you off a bit. Nerves can send you in all sorts of directions.

I took the night for what it was--a rehearsal. I wasn't expecting a crazy mind-blowing performances, and quite frankly, I was just happy to finally see Raul live on stage for the first time. I thought the whole cast was amazing, I can't pick a favorite out of the bunch. I was absolutely mesmerized by Ian McShane though...

I'm planning on seeing the show once it opens and the kinks have been worked out. The show has great potential.

Oh, and as for those "roped off" seats? My roommate and I snagged those at intermission... We spent the first act in the far right of the front row, staring at the back of the couch, so as far as we could tell, it was a radio play. :-P

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*

April Saul
#54re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/27/07 at 8:06am

Oh Jeez, I just looked at some photos from this and realized that the woman I couldn't place who was posing for so many pictures with the cast (annoying me because I was waiting to tell Ian McShane thank you for Deadwood) was Chelsea Clinton...too funny!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#55re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:23am

In a normal situation, though, how many times would they really have had an audience before the first preview? I assume there would be people around during tech, but I'm talking about a full audience. Would it just be the invited dress? It's not like this was the middle of the process -- they technically would have been in previews now. I'm not saying it's the same, since they haven't had a chance to get on stage and be in costume, but they've had the same amount of rehearsal time that they would have had they gone into previews on the 23rd. I don't think anyone is judging these performances as though this is the final product, or without the assumption that things are going to change and accounting for nerves and circumstance. We know that. But that's just my $.02.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#56re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:54am

Well, I think the first preview may have felt the same way. Sunday was a very unique experience for the actors as well as the audience, so I can't really generalize. The point of previews as we all know is to get a show that still being tweaked in front of an audience to see what's working, what's not, if jokes are landing, how performances need to be adjusted, etc. I'm just saying that regardless of whether this was a full preview performance or just sort of an invited run through, we shouldn't be checking off our Tony ballots just yet re: Weighing in on the run-through of THE HOMECOMING

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*