pixeltracker

Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland

Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland

Caruso Profile Photo
Caruso
#1Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:19am

Jim Caruso’s Cast Party and TheaterMania.com are proud to announce a remarkable holiday treat: four special nights with hugely-celebrated & beloved performer CHRISTINE EBERSOLE, accompanied by applauded pianist BILLY STRITCH, part of the long-running, critically-heralded and popular concert series Broadway at Birdland.

EBERSOLE and STRITCH will perform a special seasonal showcase entitled Winter Wonderland, featuring classic holiday & wintertime standards including “White Christmas,” “All I Want For Christmas Is You” and Kay Thompson’s “The Holiday Season,” mixed with more-recent favorites. Additionally, EBERSOLE will be debuting songs from her upcoming CD, “Sunday In New York.”

EBERSOLE last graced Broadway stages with her tour-de-force dual-role performance as both 'Little' Edie Beale and Edith Bouvier Beale in the critically-acclaimed musical Grey Gardens, for which she won universal critical raves and the 2007 Tony Award® for Best Actress in a Musical, her second in this category. Ben Brantley of The New York Times called it, “Possibly the greatest performance I’ve ever seen in a musical.”

In addition to her reputation as one of the leading ladies of the modern stage, EBERSOLE has also taken Hollywood by storm, in feature films including classics like Amadeus and Tootsie, and as a cast member of the 1981-82 season of NBC’s Saturday Night Live.

One of the premier pianists and singers on the New York jazz and cabaret scene, STRITCH made his Broadway debut in the 2001 Tony®-winning revival of 42nd Street and continues to dazzle audiences in nightclubs and concert halls around the world. A "musician with chameleon-like skills" who "sings and plays the piano with real drive" (The New York Times), STRITCH is also a gifted composer, who continues a longtime association with Liza Minnelli, as a producer and arranger of her work.

PERFORMANCE DETAILS
WHEN: Wednesday, December 5 & Thursday, December 6, 2007, at 8:30pm
Friday, December 7 & Saturday, December 8, 2007 at both 8:30pm and 11:00pm

WHERE: Birdland, 315 West 44th Street (between 8th & 9th Aves), New York City

TICKET INFO
Tickets: $40.00 + $10.00 Food/Drink Minimum (Per Person)
VIP tickets available for $60.00 + $10.00 Food/Drink Minimum (Per Person)
Tickets can be purchased Online: www.BIRDLANDJAZZ.com; or by Telephone: 212.581.3080.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#2re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:39am

ooh i wanna go to this!

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#2re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 11/28/07 at 2:48pm

I'm going on the 5th.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#3re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 11/28/07 at 4:25pm

Does anyone know when her new CD's will be released? Her official site said October but nothing is listed. I'm seeing her concert at Birdland on the 8th and am hoping they might have them for sale at that time.

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#4re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 11/28/07 at 4:35pm

CD has been pushed back to February.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#5re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:17pm

The show was amazing tonight. Absolutely beautiful. What a talent!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#6re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:24pm

I was there tonight as well...loved it. Christine was superb. I highly recommend her show if you can get there tomorrow, Friday, or Saturday. Congrats, Christine!

Oh...and she did mention that she was in London with the Grey Gardens big wigs a few weeks ago and they are in talks for a London production!

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#7re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:30am

I wish I could see this concert. I missed last year's as well. re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland

katie22
#8re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/6/07 at 12:37am

The new Christine and Billy CD is pushed back, but her newly Re-Mastered "Live at the Cinegrill" 10th Anniversary CD has just come out and is available via the christineeebersole website. It includes the new song, "This Little Town is Paris". The new sound is great.

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#9re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/7/07 at 8:30pm

Can't wait to see this tomorrow night! Thanks for the reviews thusfar!

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#10re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/7/07 at 9:01pm

I'm really excited for tomorrow night!

broadwaybaby086
#11re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/7/07 at 10:02pm

I'll be there tomorrow night as well!

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

broadwaybaby086
#12re: Christine Ebersole in Winter Wonderland - 6 Concerts at Birdland
Posted: 12/9/07 at 2:31am

It was fantastic! The banter was hilarious (reminded me of that NPR sketch from SNL with Ana Gasteyer and Cheri Oteri), and the music, of course, was superb. I can't wait for the new CD. :o)

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Videos