pixeltracker

To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?

To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?

Christabel
#1To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?
Posted: 11/30/07 at 12:15pm

Hi everyone,
I'm from the UK and really new to musical theatre. I'm actually visiting NYC in January and I have tickets to the 8pm show of Little Mermaid on the 4th.
I'm just wondering that since the opening night has been delayed to the 10th- is it anyone's guess how different the show that I will see vs the one on opening night?
I was hoping to see the final version which is why we didn't opt to fly out to Denver this last summer.
I've read various reviews reporting slight lyric changes etc from Denver performances...
If anyone can offer any information it would be much appreciated- thanks in advance :)

PS- to those who've been to the Broadway preview- is there an official program available yet? I'm already planning on what I can bring home to the UK to show my little nieces!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?
Posted: 11/30/07 at 1:45pm

Souvenir programs (those color picture brochures/books) should be available by the end of December, so you shouldn't worry about not having anything to take home, etc.

Generally, shows are pretty much 'frozen' about a week or two before opening, so the version you're seeing should already be the final version. Don't worry -- any and all drastic changes will be occuring within the next few days or weeks.

Mouses Magic
#2re: To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?
Posted: 11/30/07 at 2:32pm

Christabel...I had the same question and many of the nice folks on this board were able to answer. From what I learned, BrodyFosse123 is correct. The show will be "frozen" most likely a week before. You should be fine. Enjoy the show!

Christabel
#3re: To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?
Posted: 11/30/07 at 3:06pm

Thanks so much for your help :)

Mistress Overdone Profile Photo
Mistress Overdone
#4re: To those who have seen the Little Mermaid : help?
Posted: 12/2/07 at 8:35pm

Enjoy your visit, and let us know what you thought when you return!

Videos