pixeltracker

Tough Show Decision... :(- Page 2

Tough Show Decision... :(

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#25re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/4/08 at 10:49pm

Definitely Sunday! Gypsy is an old faithful that is revived often. Sunday hasn't been out in 20 years and it is a limited run.

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

EveRy Profile Photo
EveRy
#26re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/4/08 at 11:29pm

Thanks for the encouragement to see "Sunday". I think I'm gonna go with that. :) I'm really excited.

I think its amazing that like myself you are a young teen that doesnt want to see Wicked, Legally Blonde Spring Awakening or Grease!!

That's a relief! I'm glad I'm not alone because most of my friends just listen to "Legally Blonde" and "Wicked". Sadly, I did see "Spring Awakening" last year. I was again debating between two shows - "Spring" and "Grey Gardens". I had NO clue "Grey Gardens" was going to close and I'm so pissed that I picked SA. But yeah, it's nice to know that there actually are teenagers who are interested in better shows.

Thank you zooxanthellae for the suggestion, although I don't think my mom would ever want to see two shows in one day. She just doesn't like going to New York very often. Even though that would be really, really fun!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#27re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/4/08 at 11:48pm

Jaystarr, I don't think a New Broadway Cast Recording will be made.

This is a really tough call... I would go with Sunday and see Gypsy a little later.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

ashley0139
#28re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/4/08 at 11:57pm

I'd go with Sunday as well. All the reasons I would say have already been said, so I'll just throw in the support. I really cannot wait to see this revival of such a rarely done show. Have fun at whichever you choose!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#29re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/5/08 at 12:53am

Is it possible that Sunday will extend through June?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
zooxanthellae
#30re: Tough Show Decision... :(
Posted: 1/5/08 at 12:57am

Is your birthday between now and the summer, because you could ask for Gypsy tickets for your Birthday or something.