News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for zooxanthellae

zooxanthellae Profile Photo
Member Name: zooxanthellae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Shows That Will Most Likely be closed by Jan  Oct 11 2010, 11:48:34 AM
I agree, and I also think empirically-based travel decisions are most prudent. However, I have no objection to speculation that give someone some semblance of what MAY or MAY NOT still be open. Or, if they are making a trip earlier than, say January, whether it would be wise to see a specific show now, or if other people think that that show will be a goner by their next trip. I guess it's just called conversation.

Of course, we are all Broadway lovers here, and I doubt anyone's inte

Broadway Shows That Will Most Likely be closed by Jan  Oct 11 2010, 11:24:58 AM
Though most people on this board are NY natives and can go see a show at the drop of a hat, I need not remind you that some BWW members are not such local and frequent theatre-goers. For this reason, some people here may find use in knowing which shows will still be open in January or at any other time that they maybe planning to make a trip to NY. Of course, this is "baseless" speculation, but nevertheless logistically important to some travelers.
Who are Considered the Best Male Broadway Musical Performers of Godlen Age?  Jun 5 2010, 02:04:54 PM
Robert Goulet (Camelot),
Now that Marin is done with Enron....  May 9 2010, 12:37:36 PM
I'd rather see her replace CZJ in ALNM... but I know that that would be a financial death sentence for its producers.
Who do u think will play Evita in the Revival??  May 9 2010, 12:36:10 PM
Last I heard, Elena Rogers is in talks.

Personally, I think anyone who could belt the score and who could be a bigger box office draw (Sara Ramirez, maybe?) would be a more inspiring choice.

A high school Madame Rose completely copies Patti LuPone...  May 1 2010, 09:56:35 AM
I could see elements of LuPone's Rose, but the whole time I was watching it all I could think of was "Winona Rider is Mama Rose."
Brooke Sheilds in Night Music  Apr 12 2010, 01:26:41 PM
I guess I can give up on hopes of Maggie Smith or Glynis Johns to replace Lansbury!
So, who's gonna replace Angie in ALNM?  Jan 21 2010, 08:40:57 PM
I hope Ms. Lansbury a long and healthy run. If she doesn't renew her contract;however, I would love to see Maggie Smith or Glynis Johns take on the role.
Listening to the cast recording *of a particular production*, before seeing *that production*.  Jan 15 2010, 02:47:15 AM
I almost never listen to a cast recording before the show; however, I did listen to the recording of the current revival of South Pacific before seeing the production. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the show until after the cast changes, so my disappointment (mostly from Laura Osnes) was somewhat reasonable. I didn't find Szot to be a let down.

Usually, I find a show to be much more exciting without knowing every acting choice or phrasing employed. If you listen to the recording fir

re: any broadway plans for bernadette/patti  Dec 30 2009, 01:54:47 PM
A friend of mine attended a Q&A with Ms. LuPone at his college. When she was asked about future plans she expressed interest in reviving "Hello Dolly!" She also said she doesn't foresee originating a role in any new musicals.

I would love to see Ms. Peters as either Cora or Lovett. The Cora rumors, however, do seem rather far fetched at this point.

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Reviews....  Dec 13 2009, 09:53:05 PM
Brantley did a similar "180" change-of-heart regarding the most recent Gypsy revival (specifically regrading LuPone's performance). As I recall, he hated it at encores, but raved when it opened on Broadway.
re: Angela on CBS This Morning  Dec 7 2009, 03:23:53 PM
Does anyone know where one might find said clips online?
re: Kari Callin wow  Jul 17 2009, 01:05:47 PM
This is true talent! One of the best renditions of "Don't Rain on my Parade" I've seen in awhile! Yes, she's a little rough around the edges, but much more talented than Susan Boyle; she is a performer! I hope to see more wonderful things from this woman!
re: Anything Goes revival w/ Reba?  Jul 7 2009, 11:31:03 PM
I don't think Reba as Reno works. Reno needs to be a belter and Reba is not a belter.

I think Reba can belt at least as well as Chita Rivera did as Reno back in 2000 at Paper Mill.

re: Anything Goes revival w/ Reba?  Jul 7 2009, 06:14:38 PM
I believe it was a rumor at the time; I haven't heard anything about it since. I would love for this to happen, but I'm not holding my breath...especially with Bye Bye Birdie on the way!
PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory  Jul 7 2009, 05:52:18 PM
I agree, even the notion of "A Weekend in the Country" being abridged is concerning; it is most certainly one of Sondheim's wittiest numbers and is central to the plot. Obviously, people going to see ALNM are not interested in seeing a shortened piece; ninety percent of the people seeing the show are going in with the expectation of sitting there for a long period of time and certainly would not mind an extra three minutes in order to keep "A Weekend in the Country" intact.
PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory  Jul 7 2009, 05:31:05 PM
Has it ever been officially announced that Waddingham is indeed Desiree?! Besides, if Angela Lansbury is Madame Armfeldt, Pia Zadora could be playing Desiree and I wouldn't care!

re: Who DESERVES a jukebox musical?  Jul 6 2009, 07:15:05 PM
Cher (& Sonny)
re: Musicals that had little-to-no-life after their original production?  Jul 6 2009, 12:59:42 AM
Tenderloin, apart from the 2000 Patrick Wilson Encores! Production.
re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?  Jun 27 2009, 11:48:55 PM
I stand by my guess of Emma Thompson.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You