Next To Normal Questions

spybud007
#1Next To Normal Questions
Posted: 2/11/08 at 7:57pm

I was wondering if anyone has done rush for this and can tell me how it works and how crowded it is.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who has seen the show can tell me if it is appropriate for a 12 year old. Does it contain nudity or violence?

ashley0139
#2re: Next To Normal Questions
Posted: 2/11/08 at 8:02pm

They're about selling out now, so I wouldn't rely on rush.

Language. Lots and lots of language.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Next To Normal Questions
Posted: 2/11/08 at 8:03pm

Since I'm not a student according to them (I'm over 25), I haven't tried rush. But from what I understand, it's available ONLY if there are seats available, which hasn't been that often from the times I've seen it.

It would really depend on the 12 year old. It's not necessarily violent or with nudity, but it is VERY intense and emotional and deals with some very heavy issues. There is drug use (pot, abuse of parental prescription drugs (which ironically the Parents: The Anti-Drug people are running ads about right now)...). But it's mostly the overall subject matter is what would make me nervous about taking a 12 yer old ~ unless I knew for a fact they were very mature and would be willing to talk with me about it afterwards.

eta ~ And yeah. The language.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 2/11/08 at 08:03 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#3re: Next To Normal Questions
Posted: 2/11/08 at 8:48pm

Another question. when Second Stage shows extend, how long do they usually extend for? A week only? I know this is already extending for one more week, just wondering of the chances it could extend for two, so I can catch it.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Next To Normal Questions
Posted: 2/11/08 at 8:49pm

That one I don't know. It might depend on schedules of the performers as well as the time for the next show to get in there.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos