pixeltracker

Next International Production of "Wicked"- Page 2

Next International Production of "Wicked"

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#25re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/19/08 at 7:30am

me too re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#26re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/19/08 at 8:17am

LOVE the info in this thread re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'

Thank you, guys!!!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Prince Fiyero2
#27re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/17/08 at 3:18pm

Well, I'll tell you why the mexican production sounds like a joke. First someone said Thalia might play Elphaba for a short run. WHAT?! THalia? really? She doesn't even have a voice. Yeah she's famous and all because of her telenovelas and because she's hot but she is a very bad actress and a mediocre pop singer. Second Yuridia Gaxiola as Elphba? She came out of a reality show called La Academia (Like american Idol). She does have a nice voice but she's not an actress. It's like the producers have no respect for musical theater and they just want to throw in pop figures to attract the audience. The only actress with a huge musical theater background is Lolita Cortez. Now she should be playing Glinda, but i think her register is more of an alto and not a soprano. Her voice is good for Elphaba but she is very very short, like Kristin Chenoweth. OCESA has a lot of great musical theater actors and actresses, they've mounted Chicago, Beauty and the Beast, Jesus Christ Superstar and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. They are not popularly famous but they are good. I really hope there is a mexican production of Wicked but not with this kind of cast. By the way, i live in Mexico, that's why i know this stuff.

massofmen
#28re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:25pm

its going to germany next year. Stutgard.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#29re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/17/08 at 4:33pm

Massofmen,

Its already playing in Stutgard. If you go to the german store in Itunes you can download the German cast album.

Prince Fiyero2,

If you recall, Kendra Kessbaum had said that she was an alto and not a soprano and thus thought that she would be more sutiable for a role like Ephaba over Glinda. But, alas, she played Glinda and had no trouble at all with the soprano parts one bit.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Prince Fiyero2
#30re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/17/08 at 8:19pm

well, then i don't see why Lolita Cortez shouldn't play Galinda in the mexican production. Having her play Morrible would be a waste of her voice. She is a great singer.

galiindafiied2
#31re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 5/18/08 at 6:40pm

someone on witchesofoz.com said that on a German site for Wicked, there was a list of sit-down productions of Wicked, and all of the existing ones were on it, plus Amsterdam and Toronto.