pixeltracker

Next International Production of "Wicked"

Next International Production of "Wicked"

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#1Next International Production of "Wicked"
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:38pm

Any ideas where it might be heading? Heard a rumor? Post it! I already know about Melbourne (wasn't born yesterday) and Amsterdam. I am a very avid fan of "Wicked", but I don't hear every rumor about future international productions!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:43pm

Mexico City. Its being titled LAS BRUJAS (translation: THE WITCHES). Silvia Pinal and Angelica Maria are slated to alternate the role of Madama Morible (Madame Morrible) and Thalia is negotiating for Elphaba -- she only wants to agree for a limited run... not a long run.

musicaltheatrefan3
#2re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:49pm

Oh, yeah I remember hearing about that. Apparently, it is opening at the Centro Cultural Telmex Theatre 2 in late 2009 with Yuridia was doing Elphaba and Fernanda Castillo as Glinda. Also, I heard that Lolita Cortez was doing Madame Morrible and Mauricio Martinez had been asked to play Fiyero.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:12pm

I know that Universal Studios is building another theme park in Singapore and is considering putting up the Wicked theme park show there as well.

I think that this is also a consideration for any of the new Universal studios international parks. They are working on about four or so to be finished by 2010 or thereabouts.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

musicaltheatrefan3
#4re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:16pm

Yeah, I think that they are going to be in Seoul and Dubai. "Wicked" in Arabic!

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#5re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:18pm

Dubai would not surprise me at all. So much stuff is being built there. I would actually like to see that. And I hope they record the Mexico City cast.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#6re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:29pm

Yes, there's the Mexican Production. But I think they should start another tour in America and open up a few more sit down ones so we don't have to travel so far! Any word on that?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:38pm

Thats not going to happen. Considering the fact that there are 3 sit down productions in the US as is and the tour that we have is enough to cover the spaces in between where the sit down productions are located.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

musicaltheatrefan3
#8re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:42pm

Well, I doubt that they would open another sit-down or tour in the US before 2010. They've already opened sit-downs in the top 3 largest cities in the US, and the 4th largest is Houston, which has not been known for sit-downs and will not have a suitable venue. I would like to see a UK Tour, and a Europe tour, as well as sit-downs in Israel, the Philippines, South Africa, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland (Scandinavia is very popular these days for theatre), France, Italy, and of course, Toronto. Also, any word on "Wicked" in Amsterdam.

Dutch "Wicked" on Melbourne Website Updated On: 2/18/08 at 06:42 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#9re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:44pm

I still vote for Dubai

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#10re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:48pm

And I like how the Melbourne site has some new wallpapers. We have had the same 2 crappy one since the show first opened.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#11re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 7:55pm

I would love ot see that in Italy. And also, once WICKED leaves the Pantages, there is a rumoor a sit-down in S.F. would begin in Fall 2009 with the L.A. production closing in January 2009. I think the show should have played at the Universal Ampitheatre, enclose it, and have it continue there.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

phantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
#12re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 7:59pm

This mexico thing is a joke, right?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#13re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 8:01pm

why would they close the LA production so soon? Does not make any sense to me. And why would Mexico be a joke?

musicaltheatrefan3
#14re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 8:06pm

Well, when they first opened Chicago, they were planning on closing that and transferring it to LA in January 2007, and then closing LA in January 2008 and staying in SF until July 2008, but the Chicago run was so successful that they decided to open in LA separately.

Oh yeah, and why would Mexico be a joke?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#15re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 8:07pm

^Because it is the main house at BROADWAY/L.A. and the company is losing subscription dollars to the Ahmanson because the CTG is getting all the musicals. And also, the other BWAY/LA venue is the teeny Wilshire Theatre.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

phantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
#16re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 8:17pm

I never heard of wicked mexico before. But now I found this:
According to press releases from the Australian producers of Wicked and various European fan websites, Wicked is expected to begin performances at the Joop van den Ende Theater in Amsterdam in late 2008 or 2009. Wicked - las Brujas de Oz is secheduled to begin performances in Mexico City, Mexico at the OCESA Teatro Centro Cultural Telmex Theatre 2 in fall of 2009, with Fernanda Castillo as Galinda, with a Gah!, Yuridia Gaxiola as Elphaba (Elfaba in Spanish), Lolita Cortez as Madame Morrible (Señora Morrible in Spanish), and Pedro Armendariz as the Wizard (El Mago de Oz in Spanish). Wicked-فإن من الساحرات Oz is scheduled to play in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in 2010 as part of Universal Studios Dubai, and a Singapore City, Singapore production is planned for 2010 as part of Universal Studios Singapore. According to the Italian Wikipedia, Wicked is planning a European tour. A Toronto production is also expected to be produced by Mirvish Productions in 2010.Finally, Wicked - 마녀의 Oz is scheduled to open in Seoul, South Korea, in 2012 as part of Universal Studios South Korea.

BrodyFosse123, where did you find that casting?

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#17re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:28pm

A stop on the tour has been announced for Toronto in 2010 but not a sitdown.

phantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
#18re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:32pm

I thought Chicago was going to Toronto in '10...

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#19re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:35pm

I might have to cry now... don't take my Wicked away from me!

nate2 Profile Photo
nate2
#20re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:42pm

They can't take Wicked out of Chicago and LA. Firstly they would loose alot of money...and by the way sales are going for both cities they'll probably keep it open longer. Why would you want to stop making money?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#21re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/18/08 at 9:46pm

seriously... us Chicagoans are giving them so much money

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#22re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/19/08 at 12:58am

Lolita Cortez as Morrible?? Isn't she a little young? As far as I know she's been playing ingenue roles like Belle and Christine in the past few years.

COOOOLkid
#23re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/19/08 at 2:03am

I think that this is also a consideration for any of the new Universal studios international parks. They are working on about four or so to be finished by 2010 or thereabouts.

Are you stupid? Four by 2010? There are plans to build Universal Studios Singapore, nothing else. Wicked is most likely not going to be playing there, either.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Urban
#24re: Next International Production of 'Wicked'
Posted: 2/19/08 at 2:38am

Oooh Mexico. I'd so love a Spanish Cast Recording!