pixeltracker

America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway

America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#1America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/14/08 at 12:36pm

Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crews had a Broadway theme on the 3/13 episode, which will be repeated all week, and should be on the MTV website. The groups had to based a hip hop routine and incorporate "broadway" moves. The four pieces were "You Can't Stop the Beat" "All That Jazz" "You're The One That I Want" and "One Night Only." Some interesting approaches - the novelty skater act of five men got One Night Only and did really poor. The truest "street" crew from Boston got "You Can't Stop The Beat" and had a lot of fun with it. All That Jazz was well executed. and while I liked Kabba Modern, their dance was only okay.

Most interesting line was when choreographer Shane Sparks, in exile from So You Think You Can Dance, said that hip hop was coming to Broadway. Don't know exactly what he meant. But, then, I don't understand lots of what Shane says.

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#2re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/14/08 at 12:40pm

what confused me was when Mario introduced shane sparks he called him the Choreographer of Dreamgirls on broadway. Overall i thought the episode was good.. Status Quo (the group that got YCSTB) did really good with the task at hand.

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#2re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/14/08 at 1:49pm

My favorite groups are Kabba Modern and the Jaberwakees! I have seen them perform live and they both are AMAZING!

shesamarshmallow
#3re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/14/08 at 2:06pm

Dude, I hated Status Quo's dance - and did anyone notice that NONE of the dances they were shown were the Broadway choreography? I think Kaba Modern's was the best.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

BlueWindSadness
#4re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/14/08 at 2:11pm

it's on MTV at 3pm EST today.....

...if anyone missed it :)

"that's what my date said."

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#5re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:04am

Personally i wished they chose better songs. But overall i thought it was a fun episode!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#6re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:11am

yeah, true, they only picked songs from musicals that had been turned into movies.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#7re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:17am

I personally liked YCSTB alot, and felt that Dreamgirls for Breaksk8 was an impossible task. but thought it was hilarious when he tucked his shirt in. I thought that the other two groups were alright

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#8re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/15/08 at 1:20am

i was so glad breaksk8 were kicked off. i was so tired of them. they should have gone like 3 weeks ago.

#10re: America's Best Dance Crew: 3/13 Broadway
Posted: 3/15/08 at 3:29am

IT's definitely different haha
but I liked it!

Go Kaba Modern! They are still my favorite group

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1582877&vid=216101
In case you wanted to see it. It's online

And yeah.. what did they mean that Shane was the choreographer for the NEXT dreamgirls on broadway?