pixeltracker

GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors- Page 2

GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors

kec Profile Photo
kec
#25re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/24/08 at 10:55pm

Playbill.com has also confirmed it per link below. Now if we could only get confirmation that Daniel's also involved.

Gavin Creel will Cast a Godspell on Broadway Updated On: 3/24/08 at 10:55 PM

FIERCEY516
#26re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 10:34pm

Gavin Creel WILL play Stephen (Jesus) in "Godspell"

Daniel Torres has been cast as Gavin's Understudy and auditioned for the "We Beseech Thee" soloist a couple of weeks ago. Last I heard, they hadn't made a decision.

Robin De'Jesus and John Henry, both from "In The Heights", will be a part of the company as well.

Female casting is still, for the most part, undetermined except for a couple of female ensemble members from the previous Paper Mill production.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#27re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 10:58pm

This is so exciting!

Fiercey - I heard from Daniel today and as of this morning he had not yet signed any contract. No nothing is official but he's super excited about the possibility! I'm not familiar with the show but I looked up the song that soloist sings and his voice is PERFECT for that part!

FIERCEY516
#28re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:24pm

well of course no contracts have been signed. Gavin hasn't signed a contract yet and he WILL be Jesus. It's too early, with heavy-duty casting still going on.

but I do know that Daniel has been asked to be Gavin's standby (although he will be his understudy if he nabs "We Beseech Thee") and I do know that Robin and John, from "In The Heights", will be a part of the company.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#29re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:36pm

"Robin De'Jesus and John Henry, both from "In The Heights", will be a part of the company as well. "

I think there's a Joshua Henry in ITH, but not a John Henry?

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

FIERCEY516
#30re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:44pm

my apologies!

thank you for pointing this out.

Yes, Josh Henry. Not John Henry. I always mess that up.

Andergoat Profile Photo
Andergoat
#31re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:45pm

Is Robin de Jesus really going to leave Heights so early? Would love to see Joshua Henry in this. I didn't see the PaperMill Godspell, but I saw Joshua go on as Benny when I saw ITH last summer and then saw him as the lead in Serenade this winter. He is the real deal--can sing, act, dance. And he's hot. Ridiculously hot.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#32re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:53pm

Fiercey- Is that really true that Gavin hasn't put pen to paper yet? I can't believe Playbill would make such a splashy announcement before Gavin signed anything. Strange.

Anyway, not disputing the Daniel info. I'm just saying it's early to start celebrating. Perhaps I'm a little superstitous that way :)
Updated On: 3/25/08 at 11:53 PM

FIERCEY516
#33re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/25/08 at 11:54pm

according to Robin (my roomie's best friend), that's the plan but NOTHING is set in stone.

Josh, on the other hand, will undoubtedly leave ITH for Godspell. he would probably get featured in Godspell and in ITH he is only an ensemble member.

Josh is close to being a real triple threat guy. can sing and dance... no question. saw him in Billy Porter's "Being Alive" musical last summer. amazing.

FIERCEY516
#34re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/26/08 at 12:00am

"Fiercey- Is that really true that Gavin hasn't put pen to paper yet? I can't believe Playbill would make such a splashy announcement before Gavin signed anything. Strange.

Anyway, not disputing the Daniel info. I'm just saying it's early to start celebrating. Perhaps I'm a little superstitous that way :) "

-----

They haven't finalized any contracts. Still in negotiations. Robin hasn't even signed anything yet and he's been planning to rejoin the production for Broadway ever since it was announced (which was a while ago)

Whether Daniel gets "We Beseech Thee" or not, he's practically been offered the Standby for Gavin which is just GREAT! I will celebrate.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#35re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/26/08 at 12:18am

I will celebrate too!

Sorry, I had to... if you wait till the end he sings Godspell :) Updated On: 3/26/08 at 12:18 AM

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#36re: GODSPELL on Broadway casting rumors
Posted: 3/26/08 at 10:10am

I'm so excited for Gavin and I look forward to hearing more casting!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."